Magneto sprocket puller

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
FerG3

Magneto sprocket puller

Post by FerG3 »

As per my post below on the "NC1 manual" I seem to have gone about as far as I can testing the mag on the bike ('66 G80CS). Checked everything outside the mag and I can find nothing untoward, but the pick up and slip ring were oily. Cleaned those off, still no spark. Anyhow, off with the mag and send it to someone wot knows, I guess. However, in the past I have happily prised the upper mag sprocket off my '43 WDG3L with a tyre lever (as per manual!) - carefully! However, I note dire warnings against this and advisability of using a puller - which seems sensible. Can anyone give me the specs for a suitable puller, please? Maybe I should just give Steve at AMC a ring? But suggestions gratefully received. Even polite ones.
Iron Head

Re: Magneto sprocket puller

Post by Iron Head »

Any reference to using tyre levers on sprockets makes me wince! U.S. Pro do a cheap but sturdy narrow leg puller which fits all of the sprockets on my ‘54 G80CS including the dynamo.

Iron Head
FerG3

Post by FerG3 »

Thanks, but I see they make a bewildering range of pullers! can you be more specific? Two leg; three leg, size (mm)? Thanks!
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Sorry about that it's a two leg puller part number is AT091 and it's about £21.50. Don't forget golden rule of tightening up into tension and then a gentle tap on the end of the hex which ‘should' always shock any item free.

Iron Head
FerG3

Post by FerG3 »

Thank you!