Oil pipe hose type clips.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
electrajohnt

Oil pipe hose type clips.

Post by electrajohnt »

Hello fellow inmates.

Probably someone has trodden this path before. I am looking for some hose clips in stainless steel for the attachment of the original semi hard plastic oil lines to the oil tank connections. Don't want to use jubilee clips, as good as they are they do not look the part. Currently trawling the internet not knowing what I want 'til I see it. Has anyone got any suggestions.

JohnT
JohnT
Pharisee

Re: Oil pipe hose type clips.

Post by Pharisee »

I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Something like this perhaps: https://www.feked.com/9-16-od-fuel-oil- ... -tool.html

Not sure about the size though?
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

In my experience the pipes don't need any form of compression to keep them in place or stop them leaking, (pressures are so low that the rigidity of the pipes achieves this).

Measure the OD of the pipes you have and find brass ferrules on-line of a suitable size to slip over the pipe ends and secure them in place with a small dab of silicone sealant.

https://www.keeconnections.co.uk/access ... rrules.php

My ferrules are the original items, (as are the pipes), and they are exerting no compression on the pipes and no leaks.
Oil Pipes.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy51

Post by Andy51 »

I use plated ferrules from Surrey Cycles (other makes are available!) and the tool Duncan shows. Nice neat job, but more for appearance that security, as pressures are very low. Andy
electrajohnt

Post by electrajohnt »

Ok, thanks for taking the time to respond. I decided a little differently but finished up where I am now. I ordered single ear step less stainless hose clamps, they appeared to be ideal. Anyway, confirm pay by PayPal duly clicked, then I noticed the delivery date, six to eight weeks from China. This has happened before, last time I promised myself it would be the last item I bought from China, but blind enthusiasm struck again. Dammit.
JohnT
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I used double ear clamps for my T160V and am very pleased with them - I too had a long delivery time from China, (but not as long as estimated :) ).

Do you have a pair of end cutters to close the clamps? if not it may be an idea to obtain a set whilst you're waiting.

Regards Mick
Rosy

Post by Rosy »

I bought double ear clamps from here https://www.bes.co.uk/3-4in-17-20-mm-do ... -clip-9653 - couple of £s for ten I think including p&p.
electrajohnt

Post by electrajohnt »

The clamps I bought, the ones on the slow boat from China, are single ear step less clamps, similar but not the same as the double ear crimped clamps. The singles stepless provide a 360 deg clamp force to the hose.
This morning I fitted the hoses temporarily, I soaked the ends that fit onto the tank in hot water, they slid on easil. Once cooled Itake the view expressed by MickD above, I think a clamp will be of aesthetic value only.
JohnT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnT
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Club stock double ear clips for oil and fuel lines.