Kettering HQ lock down - NOW OPEN

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Kettering HQ lock down - NOW OPEN

Post by ajscomboman »

Following government advice guidelines, Kettering HQ will be in lock down to members and public visitors. The staff will be at work but we will only be offering a postal service for parts and no bike sales.

Also Parcelforce has now placed a restriction on deliveries to the USA and therefore we are unable to ship goods there and have had to restrict incoming orders from that region. We did look at alternative sources but at over 3 times the price and restrictions coming in soon it wasn't a viable option. :headbang:

So to our US members I apologise for the situation which is beyond our control.

Sad, mad times people. Until it all blows over stay safe.

Rob Swift
ajscomboman

Re: Kettering HQ lock down

Post by ajscomboman »

In response to the Prime Ministers latest statement for the time being the parts service online ordering will be shutdown. We are unable to ship any orders for the forseeable future.

Rob Swift
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thought I would bring this topic back on top Rob, with a Q, as some one may ask. As spares has been locked down, will Kettering still have staff on duty to deal with membership, joining / renewing online / postal. Also any other service that may now not be available.

May I also suggest. If anyone feels they may need info, help etc. for parts, now is the time to seek that info / help. So when Kettering does re open, staff can get on with their job, of taking and dispatching orders, without having to be questioned. I have time to answer questions on parts. E.G. pre 1952 parts for which the person will need the new pt. no. to order. Any questions pre or postwar. If I don't know the answer, I will probably be able to find the answer or know some one else that will know the answer.
ranger

Post by ranger »

Hi

I do not understand how keeping the spares on-line business going can be essential with staff travelling to the office to work

Tim
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

It isn't, that's why it's been shutdown.
Dave.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Good offer, Rob.

I've been using the Search tool to look up matters that I know I'll need to deal with, timing side bush and while I'm at it, drive side mains. Re-reading F W Neill's words as well, well worth it as it makes me think I may need to sort out the big end. It's done a lot of miles since last replacement with an "oversize" pin in the 1980's by Alpha Bearings; no idea what's there unless they put a BSA one in. While there wasn't up and down play, I think side to side was probably excessive, I'll see when I get in there!

I prefer riding to fettling but seeing as how I have to have the engine out, may as well do the full job. Riding may be some time away and if it arrives early at least I now have a spare motorcycle.

Johnny B
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

The club are pleased to announce that the online spares ordering has now been restarted!

Please note this is only the online side of the business, the office will remain closed to visitors in order to provide for the safety of both our staff and yourselves.

Unfortunately, we have had to make some changes for orders shipping to countries other than the UK as follows:

Kuwait, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan and USA
We cannot ship to any of these countries at reasonable rates as the delivery companies have cut down their services considerably.

Australia and Canada
Whilst we are still able to ship to these countries, the cost of shipping had increased due to the use of different shipping companies. The extra costs are proportionate to the weight of the order, so any order destined for these countries can be placed online but payment will not be taken until the delivery charges have been calculated and you will be informed of the cost. You can cancel the order if you feel the shipping cost is too high.
Corners like a Lego man
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

56G80S wrote:Good offer, Rob.

I've been using the Search tool to look up matters that I know I'll need to deal with, timing side bush and while I'm at it, drive side mains. Re-reading F W Neill's words as well, well worth it as it makes me think I may need to sort out the big end. It's done a lot of miles since last replacement with an "oversize" pin in the 1980's by Alpha Bearings; no idea what's there unless they put a BSA one in. While there wasn't up and down play, I think side to side was probably excessive, I'll see when I get in there!

I prefer riding to fettling but seeing as how I have to have the engine out, may as well do the full job. Riding may be some time away and if it arrives early at least I now have a spare motorcycle.

Johnny B
I have always noticed side play, even when my bike was almost new back in the 50's. It may just feel a lot if you are holding the top of the conrod or piston. If the bottom of the engine is complete, its not just play on the big end you are feeling.
ajscomboman

Re: Kettering HQ lock down - NOW OPEN

Post by ajscomboman »

Guys please keep this thread clear of general chat. This thread is for information regarding the online spares service only. Rob
G15 Roy

Re: Kettering HQ lock down - NOW OPEN

Post by G15 Roy »

Am I right a bike sold today with no viewing :o must be the 50% off sale.
Roy