Alternator 6 v to 12 V conversion C more, G2 GB spring

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Alternator 6 v to 12 V conversion C more, G2 GB spring

Post by Rob Harknett »

There are items in tech tips on this subject. They consist of about a page of text. While scanning old Jampot Magazines, I found this below, in November 1975 issue.
18.jpg
I am now up the the end of 1975 scanning the old Jampot magazines. There's a lot of long forgotten factual club history in them waiting to be re discovered. Quite a lot of it while AMC was still producing motor cycles. Needless to say a lot of hints and tips. Not sure if or when these old mags will become available, as are some more recent years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rob Harknett on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajsm18

Re: Alternator 6 v to 12 V conversion

Post by ajsm18 »

Thank you for doing this, Rob. I really appreciate the effort that it takes to scan and catalogue all of those magazines.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I should really stop letting items catch my eye while scanning old Jampots or I never will complete the job. I could not resist passing this on. Note dates for diagrams.
12.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Rob

Keeping going, it's a really useful job.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There are 100's . I have noticed some quite interest tips. Like a lightweight gear box spring that quickly broke. This was replaced with a spring less likely to brake. But, if I recall, the spring rotated. There is a mod showing where to drill and tap a tread for a small screw, to stop the spring rotating. Found it,
14.jpg