Hi

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Ralph

Re: Hi

Post by Ralph »

Had the AJ running, sounds good and sharp though a bit smokey due to a bit of wet sumping,
bike is a 1953 fitted with a CS engine also made in 53 but stamped 54 both have lived in
the US since new up to about 2 years back, not ridden yet due to California plates and awaiting
the DVLA issuing numbers, it started well and after a slight adjustment sits on tickover.

Ralph

dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

That's a cracker you got there, love it! :D
Dave.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Many thanks for the reply.

It as a bit of spurious chroming but I don't mind that not a rivet counter though will try to
get it right as new bits are needed, so don't mind at all if anyone wants to point out non
standard bits, only thing I really don't like is that someone as chromed the oil tank,
the bars look odd but fit my size, get it on the road and see how things go.

I am hoping it will be in regular use once the docs are sorted,
Ralph

dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Hope you don't mind me saying, your front brake lever should point forwards. You would need a later torque arm with the adjuster in front. Your brake would work better too! I hope we see it on our runs soon (or the Ariel!) :beer:
Dave.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Don't mind at all and yes I agree, the brake feels quit good at least by Ariel standards the front on that
is not the best though it is getting better from use.
Ralph

Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Take it I would need a different brake plate as well as the torque arm to change it to face the other way?
Ralph

dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

No I don't think so, just the torque arm.
Dave.
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Ralph wrote:Take it I would need a different brake plate as well as the torque arm to change it to face the other way?
That's a cracking motorbike you have there Ralph.

Every time I see your posts I feel like flicking the bug off my screen though! :rofl:
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

You leave Jimmy alone, :D
Been out ont old Ariel today, runs better now it as it's org type 6 carb on, the monoblock was way to big.
AJ as been dated and paperwork ready to send to DVLA then I can give that a run out, it runs fine after a
little fettling.

Are you in the NW? if so there's a Spitfire about tomorrow it's south of Blackpool in the morning, into
Blackpool for lunch 2:07 takeoff Lancaster 2:07 Preston 2:13, if it's any interest.
Ralph

dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Hi Ralf, the Spitfire flew over Southport today. I was in Tescos carpark waiting for the missus when I heard it. Got out of the car and it flew right over, banked right over and came around for another pass. Dipped its wings and away. Absolute magic! :D
Cheers Dave.