General purpose topics/chat goes in here
markwhitelock

Re: New member

Post by markwhitelock »

ajscomboman wrote:
markwhitelock wrote:She gets delivered on a Wednesday, I will get some photos up when I can. I'm really looking forward to learning more about these old British thumpers!

AJScomboman, how far away are you from Fordingbridge?!
About 41mins away, 27miles along the M27
You may become my new best friend!
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

AJScomboman, how far away are you from Fordingbridge?![/quote]

About 41mins away, 27miles along the M27[/quote]

You may become my new best friend![/quote]

If you get stuck or require some tech assistance you may pop over, probably best at weekends.

Section meetings for you are an 80 mile round trip to West Meon Hut and back, approx 1hr each way.

Be good if you could though as we need to see some younger members coming through.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Mark,

You've likely got the interim model and just in case the seat is poor, it's a difficult one to get and be sure it fits. Most listings suggest that there are only two but forget the 1956.

Don't let that put you off. I've had mine since the mid 1970's and despite all the other marques, it's the one I've kept.

Johnny B
markwhitelock

Post by markwhitelock »

Thanks for that info, Johnny. The seat is present but has seen better days. Have you replaced yours?

ajscomboman, I would like to attend a few get togethers, I do a lot of rallies with my sidecar at the moment. Longer evenings would probably be better for a trip out to West Meon!
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

silver line sell a very cheap whit combination set, I have two and they are surprisingly good, mind you I also found a set of ten whit Britool combinations on a social media site quite local cost me £50 which I thought well worth it. kind regards
ajsm18

Post by ajsm18 »

markwhitelock wrote:... how far away are you from Fordingbridge?!
Hi Mark,
I'm in Fordingbridge! Small world. I've a 1947 AJS Model 18 (same as a G80) plus 1960 AJS Model 8 (350 lightweight) and 1960 Matchless 650.
Welcome to the club. As others have said, you'll find all the help you need here.
Feel free to send me a pm if you need any help but I'm no engineer or mechanic so I probably won't be able to help with difficult problems! But if you need help getting it started or familiarising yourself with the controls, I'm sure I could pop round.
All the best
Mark