Maxey Road Plaque

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: Maxey Road Plaque

Post by Rob Harknett »

Perhaps we should re cap. It was suggested the club may like to produce replica's, as a plaque was made to re place the stolen one, artwork for it does exist. I do believe that's what the club wanted the AMC logo for. If I make artwork for the club it is then up to the club if and how it is used.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Just thought that as it's such a lovely design that there would be a market opportunity for the club to make some extra funds . I believe these would sell well . Well done spokey for trying to run with the idea .
Cheers Chris
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ChrisTheChippy wrote:Just thought that as it's such a lovely design that there would be a market opportunity for the club to make some extra funds . I believe these would sell well . Well done spokey for trying to run with the idea .
Cheers Chris
The design was used for the place mat I posted for the clubs 40th Anniversary, that would give some idea how many sold.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

spookefoote1956 wrote:Is there a better photo of the sign so I can read the text. Rob have you got a decent AMC logo you could upload or send me?

Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

The photo that Peter has posted shows that it has been fixed with cross head screws, I would have thought that the tamper proof ones that the heads break off when tight would have been more appropriate. Any volunteers living near to change them?
This would stop any further theft!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote:The photo that Peter has posted shows that it has been fixed with cross head screws, I would have thought that the tamper proof ones that the heads break off when tight would have been more appropriate. Any volunteers living near to change them?
This would stop any further theft!
"NURSE! Diddley is out of bed again!"

RL wrote:.......a new plaque was made that is now back in the original position, this time fitted with security screws and contact adhisive so hopefully it will now survive.
AMC plaque.JPG
[/b]
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Neville, sorry they don't look like security screws, if they are the heads have not been broken off!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I hope that this is a photo of the original plaqye and not the new one, otherwise Dudly is right. They don't look too secure to me.

Five minutes with the battery screwdriver and there's another plaque on Ebay for Vincent of tell us about (thanks Vincent)>

Johnny B
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Thanks Johnny, looking at both photo's they are the same, so can someone confirm if it's the original or a photo of the new one? If it is the new one Neville had better go to ‘Specksavers', or perhaps I will send him my nurse,
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I thought the same as Dudley, you can pick up sets of keys for those screws as easy as you can allen screw sets. I got a set years ago when electrical goods started using them. But the plaque is also now glued. So when the plaque goes again, the new will read, you can see through the hole in this wall, where AMC factory once stood.