Maxey Road Plaque

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
RL

Maxey Road Plaque

Post by RL »

Some of you may remember back in 2007 a plaque being placed by the club and local council at the corner of Maxey road to celebrate 40 years since the Plumstead factory closed. The plaque was stolen and eventually finished up for sale on Ebay. Efforts to get it back from the seller failed so due to the efforts of Roy Bellett and Tara Lucas of the local Greenwich council the original artwork was found, a new plaque made that is now back in the original position, this time fitted with security screws and contact adhisive so hopefully it will now survive.
AMC plaque.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Re: Maxey Road Plaque

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Would it be a good idea to put a photo of the plaque onto the correct location in Google Earth?

Regards Mick
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Love the design .
Might be an opportunity for the club to sell some replica,s ??
Cheers Chris
vincentvv

Post by vincentvv »

It was me who found this plaque on ebay and and contacted the local council. Never received a proper thank you.

Not fired is always a misser!
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

As i have said many times .
NO DETERANT TO STOP THIS KIND OF THING .
How much would one be to make ?
Ride with CARE and LIVE LONG
To ENJOY YOUR MOTORCYCLING and SCOOTERING
r w webb
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There is quite a bit of history in the plaques design, The AMC logo originally used on some parts lists , instruction books and sales cats. etc. That same AMC logo was used for the 1989 ( I think that year ) for the AMC Home coming Rally at Plumstead, little 12 m.m. dia badge. The bike pictures must have also been used before, on a sales cat. perhaps. Then again in 1992 for the clubs 40th Anniversary. 9" x 7" place mat.
APC_Collage - 2019.07.02 10.14 - 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Should be easy enough if the artwork is available. The likes of Colour Frog et al will produce them. Can anyone get me the artwork to test?
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

spookefoote1956 wrote:Should be easy enough if the artwork is available. The likes of Colour Frog et al will produce them. Can anyone get me the artwork to test?
The artwork for the plaque is the same as was for the 40th Anniversary place mat, with the AMC logo overlaid on the club badge is seems. So that gives two forms of artwork that would be helpful, I seem to recall making artwork of the AMC logo recently, I should still have on file.
RL

Post by RL »

Vincent, our apologies for not offering a word of thanks but at least, and although it has taken some time, there has been a positive outcome.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Is there a better photo of the sign so I can read the text. Rob have you got a decent AMC logo you could upload or send me?

Cheers, Chris
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein