Feked

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajsph

Feked

Post by ajsph »

Yesterday I got a siamese exhaust system for my G11CS, I soon discovered a problem with the left hand pipe, the bracket was welded on in the wrong place, and when I tried to fit the pipes on the bike I could not push the pipes together, the bending was apparently not correct. I sent a mail to Feked telling them the problem and attached some pictures of the problem, and here you have the answer:
The pipes are made for that model we have sold many without problems, but the AMC bikes are all slightly different, they were rubbish when new, they are still rubbish.

There are no other pipes to suit, if you can not get these to fit your bike you can return them if you wish.

Thanks

Sales

Do you think I will use Feked next time I need spares, I think siamese pipes they have delivered are more rubbish than my bike
20190508_141045_1.jpg

Poul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Re: Feked

Post by Mick D »

Hi

That's awful customer relations - I'd like to think their Managing Director and Sales Director would be pleased to be made aware of it.

Regards Mick
Groily

Post by Groily »

'Tis awful. Don't like the tacky weld much either.
(Probably find the MD wrote the letter though Mick, seems to be the way of it these days. Customers? Who wants 'em!?))

On my Mod 20 (single downtube), and also Mod 31 (twin tube), both siamesed (and an A10 ditto) there isn't a bracket on the drive side, just one on the timing side down low which hooks up to the long cross-frame bolt that goes through the cases (I think). CS models I'm sure are different for good reasons. Probably holds the pipe nicely in the head - good! - but it's not aesthetic heaven exactly and it certainly poses issues re alignment as the pic shows.

To rub salt into the wound, the pipes on my 31 were from Feked, and went straight on (or near enough anyway), about 6 years ago. I was a bit chuffed actually. On my M20, I think they are old Armours jobs from way back when - but also a reasonably easy and good fit.
I don't look forward to replacing any of them if this is what happens . . . .
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I've never had a problem with Feked myself but that response is outrageous. Send them back and contact Armours.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

I've just sent this to Feked - "Is this story true? I was looking to purchase parts through you but await your answer".
If we were all to do this perhaps they'd have a little more respect for their customers
clive

Post by clive »

The Feked G11CS pipes were set up from my 58 model. They had the bike and an original set of pipes to work from. Admittedly i did have to tweak the short pipe bracket slightly but I had no problem with the fit between the two pipes. A member in Australia has also had trouble with the fit. Did not hear what he did ultimately. I had originally had a set from Armours which had a kink to go over the footrest. A pig to fit and the angle between the pipes was also wrong. They had a bolt welded near the head for bolting the pipe in.
The original ones, and contemporary publicity had the bracket as per Feked.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

I am surprised at the response from Feked. I bought a pipe and silencer from them for my G80 rigid about four years back. The pipe went straight on but the silencer fixing was in the wrong place.
I telephoned Feked and explained the problem and said that I was hoping the take the bike to a show at the weekend. He was most apologetic and said he would send the right one which arrived the next day. The amazing thing is that he did not want the old one back before he sent the right one and trusted me to return it. You do not often get that nowadays.
Since then I have always been pleased with Feked merchandise and use them often.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
g5wqian

Post by g5wqian »

they probably sell too much triumph and bsa stuff to bother about anyone elses machines , but i prefer my AJS to those others because it has a deeper exhaust sound than the tinny triumphs and doesnt burn out pistons due to having too high compression and tweaked beyond reliability .

better to go to ARMOURS i think , they seem to be interested in good quality and customers .

i bought a box full of exhausts and downpipes for my ariel leader and arrow from Armours last year and they took order and then contacted me when the pipes went for chroming , then let me know when pipes were ready to send to me .

someone was trying to say armours were stopping making ariel pipes but i rang them and they said they had no intention of stopping production , and in fact were thinking of increasing it to include other bikes as they become classic , ie 60s 70s japanese etc .
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

I have an old stainless system from Armours, but the the shape of the left pipe is wrong, so when the front fork goes down, it can hit the front mudguard, the system from Armours is a easy fit, and as Clive says the right pipe also have a wrong shape, but it fits without problems. The biggest problem is the attitude from Feked, I have sent the pipes back to Feked.
Poul
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Very few " modern spares" seem to fit today! You have to" fettle" I'm afraid! ( sent from sunny Sicily".
Alan [Morini] Jennings