New "Summer evening meetings" in North Herts / South Beds

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: New "Summer evening meetings" in North Herts / South Bed

Post by Rob Harknett »

Alan, North Herts / South Beds sounded like an area name for a club section. Which is why I suggested in the first instant, it could be the Herts section relocated. The venue, being where it will meet. Your forum name Group Leader also hints at person that would head a section / group. However, it seems that it is a biker friendly venue, we are being made aware of. Ideal for those in the North Herts / South Beds area.
As far as I am aware the club still needs to be informed of intentions to start a new section. Consideration, being it should not be in the catchment area of an established section. Of the most recent Section's to be formed, it's area name also came under question.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Rob Harknett wrote:Alan, North Herts / South Beds sounded like an area name for a club section. Which is why I suggested in the first instant, it could be the Herts section relocated. The venue, being where it will meet. Your forum name Group Leader also hints at person that would head a section / group.
Sorry for the confusion Rob, no NH/SB was purely the geographical location of these new events. As to my Forum name, no don't read anything too literal into it!

Anyway, to finish off then a few more views.
Old George 3.jpg
Old George 5.jpg
Old George 6.jpg
Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

Great photos :)
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

And the next one is tomorrow :)

I hope the weather plays ball, will be good to meet up with "Beefheart" and other JamPotters if you can make it!

Alan
Old Bikes Old George.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Great, innit.... The moment I move out of the area.... Ho hum :D
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Pharisee wrote:Great, innit.... The moment I move out of the area.... Ho hum :D
Sorry John!

Attendance was well down today, as might be expected from the fact that it had been chucking it down all day but at least it was dry from 5:00 ish till past going-home-time! :D

I think 6 old bikes turned up; two AJs, 2 Matchless, a BSA and a Velocette plus a 70's (?) Suzuki, a couple of modern bikes and a huge trike. It was good to meet Colin when he turned up on his "Jackpot" :rofl:

It appears that the locals missed the bikes when they weren't there last Wednesday so it looks like it might become a regular weekly gathering (if only to not disappoint the locals!)

Alan
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

And another gathering will be held at the Old George in Ickleford from 6:00pm this coming Wednesday, 22nd May.

It would be great to see you even if you are not on an AJ or Matchless, all interesting machines whatever their age are welcome.

Alan
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Another tentative step towards normality with the return of Old Bikes at the Old George this evening.

I might take a wander down there but I won't be staying if it's busy. Call me a coward if you like! :rofl:

Alan

Post by 1608 »

Interesting thread. However, I must remember to check the date of the first posting in future. :headbang: :headbang:
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

1608 wrote:Interesting thread. However, I must remember to check the date of the first posting in future. :headbang: :headbang:
No it's alright as it's still current so not that bad! As it's just started raining and looks like it's set in for the evening I think I'll give it a miss tonight, but there's always next week.

Are you local and likely to attend anytime? EDIT: Ah, Essex I see. Not a million miles but not necessarily close!

Alan