Committee meetings timetable and locations

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Committee meetings timetable and locations

Post by 56G80S »

Apropos of nothing really, where are the Committee dates, times and locations shown on the Forum?

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Re: Committee meetings timetable and locations

Post by Rob Harknett »

56G80S wrote:Apropos of nothing really, where are the Committee dates, times and locations shown on the Forum?

Johnny B
In minutes which are posted here on the forum.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Rob, Eamonn has sent a PM listed these. The last minutes posted in Secretary's Scribblings are for October last year and there are no forward dates at the end of them.

It was only an idle thought in case I could get to one.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

56G80S wrote:Hi Rob, Eamonn has sent a PM listed these. The last minutes posted in Secretary's Scribblings are for October last year and there are no forward dates at the end of them.

It was only an idle thought in case I could get to one.

Johnny B
Oct 2018 meeting saw many new committee members fill vacant positions. One being secretary. A position that was vacant 2017/ 2018. So there was some settling in etc. to get sorted. A time line of events etc. being something that had to be drafted. Meeting dates have to first avoid clashes with other national events, there must also be consideration when the majority of committee members can make a date. At the time of the Oct 2017 meeting, it would have been very difficult to set a date for the next meeting. In particular due to the club not having a secretary 2017 / 2018 and our new found secretary attending his very first meeting.
The committee meeting on February 24th was mentioned quite a few times here on the forum. Check Bristol show topic. It was cancelled in January and the new date set for the weekend that included February 24th. It was stated, the club would not be attending the show on the new date, because we have a committee meeting on the Sunday of the new show date week end.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Rob, all really good reasons. All I was saying was that they're not in the minutes.

No criticism intended and nothing to defend. I've always said without the volunteers we've no Club.

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thank you Johnny, never be shy about asking a question. Hopefully resulting in a satisfactory answer. I would add re committee meetings . Sometimes a set meeting date may have to be changed at short notice. When this happens it is mainly due adverse weather conditions, as some committee members have quite a long journey. Meetings are usually held on a date in October, February and June at Kettering HQ. AGM at Jampot rally.