British to get hammer again

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Re: British to get hammer again

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Almost all those career-seeking youngsters involved with the negotiations; politicians, economists, think tankers, doomsayers, pundits, journalists etc. aren't old enough to remember that prior to joining the Common Market (which I voted for) and then the E.U. (which I didn't) the U.K. hadn't fallen off the edge of the world and starved through lack of tomatoes.
I was responsible for exports from 9 years before we joined and for 20 years afterwards for a couple of European electronic product manufacturers and latterly for two global American companies (Duracell Batteries and the Kraft Food Group). Products had to be tested by third parties and meet each country's individual and diverse technical and safety standards. Export documentation was required at borders which was a nuisance but no more than that and which we produced without fuss. Lorries didn't pile up at ports, motorways weren't gridlocked, we travelled around and went on holiday in Europe and handling 7 different currencies was no problem either.
003.JPG
Smug.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

What has not been made clear is that since the 1980's importers have pre-declared shipments to HM Customs, so that on arrival there was little delay. This was before computers when it was all done by humans. The only delays were when customs inspected shipments, normally from West and Southern Africa.
If there are delays to road transport then lets hope that all the Fish exported to France stays here!
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

The UK has been a trading nation for over a thousand years . We have been in the EU for fifty years . That's 950 years we just about scraped by without them ! I think we will be able to manage on our own . Depends what generation you are i guess.
Brexit sorted :D
Regards Chris
Dave T_LAPSED

Post by Dave T_LAPSED »

"Beware the ides of March!" :o
clive

Post by clive »

Or indeed the mad march hare
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

For clarity, this topic has split political parties and families. Of course, one of the things that is sometimes forgotten is that respect and care should be taken for the country as a whole. In other words those who wished to remain and those who wished to leave.

This is Parliament's responsibility, to carry forward the overall wishes of the country while protecting as far as possible the interests of the minority

I have never voted Tory, however, will say that Leon Britton, William Hague and Rishi Sunak - all Tories - were good constituency MPs and have worked hard for their constituents and my family in particular regardless of our politics; it's their job.

And they are substantially rewarded for it.

Johnny B
RL

Post by RL »

Well said Johnny B and a lot of the hype is fed straight into our homes by the institution that we all have to contribute to if we want to watch television