British to get hammer again

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

British to get hammer again

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ashampoo_Snap_01 February 2019_22h37m21s_001_.jpg
Seems other nationals can come and go any where in the world as they please with no documentations at all.
Looks like we will be expected to toe the line with insurance, licence inc. age licence. I recall I had to get an International driving licence from the AA, green card from insurance, other counties had other add on's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Re: British to get hammer again

Post by Mick D »

Cue Prince Phillip comments :lol:
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Phil the Greek says it all.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Brexit,,,, surely our government, can apply tit for tat on all rules imposed by europe. I believe in our government. They are people that have lived in the real world and rubbed shoulders with illegal immigrants. They know what we want.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

not
Martin.S

Post by Martin.S »

That's all right - there's so much of the UK that I haven't seen!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

This is just part of the scare tactics.

I intend writing an essay (blog) on this topic.

In simple terms lazy journalisim is at fault in this instance. Pressed (sic) for time, journalists receive a press/media release and simply recycle it to keep their sub editors off their back. An example is the story on the BBC about food shortages, air time given to retailers to mention "empty shelves" and "it's late in the day to prepare". Head nodding and sycophantic from so-called interviewer. Cue hoarding and subsequent shortages on the shelves! And what are these forecast shortages?

Lettuce, tomatoes and other very perishable soft fruit. I don't think anyone will starve to death without these products and of course, it raises the question, "what will these producing countries do with the sudden large surplus?" My guess is they will make every effort to get them into this country.

On the second, preparation time, point. It's been two years and you should manage your businessses better and made contingency plans.

More generally, I voted to go into the EEC, a free trade group. I ended up with the EU but was never consulted on the change.

I remain a European. I welcome migrants who will come here, work, pay their taxes and meet skills shortages and the vast majority do. I'm sick of being branded a racist. I grew up in Stoke Newington in a extraordinariliy mixed racial, ethnic and religious environment. I attended a school over 50% of which were Jews, a large percentage of my friends were black, a few were asian. I learnt that it is what a person is that counts, not what they appear to be or are stereotyped as.

What I see is a political "class" that purports to represent their constituents but in fact represent mainly themselves. This is not a party political point. The weak kneed David Cameron set up this mess with a poorly worded referendum and took the cowards way out by walking away instead of clearing up the mess. Jeremy Corbyn, instead of trying to give our negotiators a firm base to work with could only stand at the side and play party politics trying to get another election. Meanwhile, the civil servants for whom the EU has been a means to expand their Departments, inflate their salaries while making the most of expenses paid travel, have relentlessly pursued the "we know best and EU is good for UK" agenda. Theresa May, for whatever reason, could not carry through a robust approach and instead has seemed to assume that we are in the weak position. In my working life I saw how in this country we adhered to, and over applied, EU rules while others were shamelessly flauting them. What was required was an early statement to the EU that our intention was to go to WTO rules and ask "what are you going to offer us to not do this?" Meanwhile and immediately, even if covertly, work should've commenced on trade deals in order to make the most of the two years available even if this is/was against EU regulations.

I love this country but it makes one feel like selling up and moving to New Zealand.

If they'd have us.

Johnny B
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I hear what you're saying Johnny. We were after moving to France but that's well on the back burner now. However I don't want to get into a Brexit row with anyone as motorcyclists have experienced enough discrimination without turning on each other.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

56G80S wrote:This is just part of the scare tactics.

I intend writing an essay (blog) on this topic.

In simple terms lazy journalisim is at fault in this instance. Pressed (sic) for time, journalists receive a press/media release and simply recycle it to keep their sub editors off their back. An example is the story on the BBC about food shortages, air time given to retailers to mention "empty shelves" and "it's late in the day to prepare". Head nodding and sycophantic from so-called interviewer. Cue hoarding and subsequent shortages on the shelves! And what are these forecast shortages?

Lettuce, tomatoes and other very perishable soft fruit. I don't think anyone will starve to death without these products and of course, it raises the question, "what will these producing countries do with the sudden large surplus?" My guess is they will make every effort to get them into this country.

On the second, preparation time, point. It's been two years and you should manage your businessses better and made contingency plans.

More generally, I voted to go into the EEC, a free trade group. I ended up with the EU but was never consulted on the change.

I remain a European. I welcome migrants who will come here, work, pay their taxes and meet skills shortages and the vast majority do. I'm sick of being branded a racist. I grew up in Stoke Newington in a extraordinariliy mixed racial, ethnic and religious environment. I attended a school over 50% of which were Jews, a large percentage of my friends were black, a few were asian. I learnt that it is what a person is that counts, not what they appear to be or are stereotyped as.

What I see is a political "class" that purports to represent their constituents but in fact represent mainly themselves. This is not a party political point. The weak kneed David Cameron set up this mess with a poorly worded referendum and took the cowards way out by walking away instead of clearing up the mess. Jeremy Corbyn, instead of trying to give our negotiators a firm base to work with could only stand at the side and play party politics trying to get another election. Meanwhile, the civil servants for whom the EU has been a means to expand their Departments, inflate their salaries while making the most of expenses paid travel, have relentlessly pursued the "we know best and EU is good for UK" agenda. Theresa May, for whatever reason, could not carry through a robust approach and instead has seemed to assume that we are in the weak position. In my working life I saw how in this country we adhered to, and over applied, EU rules while others were shamelessly flauting them. What was required was an early statement to the EU that our intention was to go to WTO rules and ask "what are you going to offer us to not do this?" Meanwhile and immediately, even if covertly, work should've commenced on trade deals in order to make the most of the two years available even if this is/was against EU regulations.

I love this country but it makes one feel like selling up and moving to New Zealand.

If they'd have us.

Johnny B
Spot on. My Great grandad was a Spanish immigrant in London in the late 1800s. None of us are "British" if you go back just a couple of generations. We've been invaded more times than anyone else. I still love 'British' motorbikes, even though most our industry was built on the slaves and empire. The tories have caused me more pain than anyone else despite having to work 7 days a week to keep a roof over my head. I hate them with a passion. I suppose the old yardstick which people have forgotten about is look at the British motorbike industry. What an unforgiven failure due to not communicating with each other. I don't care where you come from as long as you're not an arsehole. Just for the record I voted for Mrs Thatcher in the 1980s, as I believed the national press as I was gullible. Every day is a school day.... We're only alive on this planet once...
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I was surprised back in the 1980's when I was in a then iron curtain country. A friend who was a national in that certain country was surprized we only had to go back to our parents, as on our birth certificates. In his country at least Grand parents were named, and had to be nationals. Also named on driving licence. It now seems a person only needs to be born here to be British. Perhaps that only happened after WW 2 following their invasion. Certainly agree there's good and bad among all people on this planet.