Hepolite badge

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spookefoote1956

Re: Hepolite badge

Post by spookefoote1956 »

My mum has had both her hepolites replaced and it's changed her life thank you very much.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Cjay59_LAPSED

Post by Cjay59_LAPSED »

Hi Ruddy,

I put a request in to join your G3LS restoration project group, on Facebook (Janet Dalton), looks good, best wishes Cliff
P10

Post by P10 »

As Rob says, it has mostly all been said now. I believe that these were given away by the suppliers to promote their products. either perhaps at the time of spares purchase or at their stands at trade shows etc. rather in the way baseball caps are distributed these days. I have a near identical pair of these, one button-hole fixing and another with a pin fitting. I also have a similar pair with the same alternative fixings for Ferodo brake linings and my small collection includes examples for Lodge plugs and Regina chains, not forgetting Toby ales and Courage beers of course!
Cheers everyone!
My personal puzzle is a circular red enamelled Matchless 'winged' badge. Apart from the wing tips that protrude outside the diameter, it is rather similar to the badge once fitted to the drive side crankcases. However, in this case the badge is stronger and smaller at about 1 inch diameter and it has a protruding 1/4 in. dia. stalk in the centre at the back which is female threaded. Any ideas?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

P10 wrote:As Rob says, it has mostly all been said now. I believe that these were given away by the suppliers to promote their products. either perhaps at the time of spares purchase or at their stands at trade shows etc. rather in the way baseball caps are distributed these days. I have a near identical pair of these, one button-hole fixing and another with a pin fitting. I also have a similar pair with the same alternative fixings for Ferodo brake linings and my small collection includes examples for Lodge plugs and Regina chains, not forgetting Toby ales and Courage beers of course!
Cheers everyone!
My personal puzzle is a circular red enamelled Matchless 'winged' badge. Apart from the wing tips that protrude outside the diameter, it is rather similar to the badge once fitted to the drive side crankcases. However, in this case the badge is stronger and smaller at about 1 inch diameter and it has a protruding 1/4 in. dia. stalk in the centre at the back which is female threaded. Any ideas?
Female thread to fit on a badge bar with C clip perhaps. Their were other marques that had a winged M. to consider what margue the badge may be for, if not Matchless.
P10

Post by P10 »

Thanks Rob. Here is a picture; Matchless or not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.