JAMPOT COVER PICTURE

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
rex.webb

JAMPOT COVER PICTURE

Post by rex.webb »

HOW I HOPE THE AJS SCOOTER GIVES GOOD SERVICE .
A FRIEND BOUGHT ONE FROM THE PETERBOROUGH DEALER
AFTER FEW MONTHS IT FAILED TO START ?
THEY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW .?????????????????
IT WAS SOLD BACK TO THEM AT A GREAT LOSS
?????????????????????????????????????????????
LEAVING A BAD TASTE IN MY AND HERE MOUTH .
RIDE WITH CRARE AND
LOVE LONG TO ENJOY
YOUR MOTORCYCLING AND SCOOTERING
r w webb
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Re: JAMPOT COVER PICTURE

Post by Plugsnpoints »

This doesn't surprise me.

It reminds me of when a friend bought a Chinese motorbike new as a kit a few years ago. The build quality was appalling. When a nylon cog sheared on the clutch they had no spares back up at all. Most of the frame lugs didn't line up so was almost impossible to assemble. It was sold as scrap a few months old.

When I was searching for AJS last year when I was looking for a motorbike, I was disappointed when I saw these 'motorbikes' on offer. I wouldn't buy one no matter what name they use. I'm guessing they are made by children under duress!

I doubt if they'll still be on the road in 60 years time. Mind you the only reason mine is, is I poke up with high maintenance and fixing it at the side of the road. :rofl:

As for putting a scooter on the front page-that is bound to ruffle a few feathers!!

It's disappointing to hear about the dealer, but there again, from my experience of buying a new vehicle it's the norm.

I'm grumpy tonight! :lol:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

An engine designer / builder friend of mine spent a year or so in China during the course of his job. He said the build was rubbish. He had to dismantle a bike, sort out the problems and rebuild it. It ten gave no problems.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:An engine designer / builder friend of mine spent a year or so in China during the course of his job. He said the build was rubbish. He had to dismantle a bike, sort out the problems and rebuild it. It ten gave no problems.
That may have been true a few years back, however the Chinese are quick learners and the build quality of their products has come a very long way.
bob121

Post by bob121 »

The build quality is representative of the price point of the market. People in countries like ours don't want to pay extortionate prices for small cc bikes/scooters. But they cost a lot to manufacture to a standard. They're as good as most people are prepared to pay for. The best value for money 125 on the UK market was a Sinnis Apache. Don't know what the fuel injected ones are like. The three biggest Chinese manufacturers are building for some big name clients and quality is not an issue because they're higher price tag products.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

SCOOTER!! :x :headbang: :twisted:

Eamonn, press the button then I can see the mod hair dryer in a motorcycle publication.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

It's ready for you to view now....

Hope it makes you smile!
:-)
Corners like a Lego man
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Nah, they're rubbish and won't catch on, just like the 70's Jap Crap.

The club is as much about the people as the bikes. I bet many of us enjoyed a scooter at some point.

I've had a Chinese 250 for over two years and it has been great.
2016-05-21 Mutchless(480x360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'

Post by 1608 »

Have to wonder what will appear on the front cover next!! whether they are good or bad I think is missing the point. Where will it all end :shock: :shock:
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Nah, they're rubbish and won't catch on, just like the 70's Jap Crap.
Here's my bit of 70's Jap Crap!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed