Cheery Christmas Greeting

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Expat

Re: Cheery Christmas Greeting

Post by Expat »

Here, here. Well said :beer:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Janet

Post by Janet »

Choices, innit?

A few years ago there was only a paper Jampot. The choice was pay your money to join the club and get a copy or take the cheaper option.
Then with the rise of digital technology, an online copy was offered at a slightly cheaper rate. Another choice. If the paper copy hits the mat before the digital copy, ( bearing in mind that it doesn't reach everyone on the same day anyway) the choice is between potentially receiving the paper copy among the early recipients or getting it a bit later but with the knowledge that one has paid a bit less and is doing a bit more for the planet.

What some people forget is that the money we pay for membership doesn't just cover the cost of printing and posting the magazine so, although the reduction for a digital copy may not seem much, the services offered by the club ( that's you, me and the quiet bloke over there) are available to any member who chooses to use them.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Rain or shine, I don't mind. Long as I get my kiss.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Janet wrote:What some people forget is that the money we pay for membership doesn't just cover the cost of printing and posting the magazine
Sorry Janet, but unless I'm wrong the only difference between a paper and digital subscription is the cost incurred by the club in producing and distributing a paper magazine against an online PDF.

I'm more than happy to pay the asking price for a digital subscription, (though I believe it to be disproportionate to the Club's cost of a paper one), however in this day and age I feel I should be able to access it at the same time as paper subscribers.

Regards Mick - (not yet in receipt of December's issue).
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

The digital version will only be sent once the Web master gets his paper copy and this has been explained here many time before please try to be a bit more patient even if you go for a postal version
The deliver times can be days apart. Now if you were to be the Editor you could have it before anyone else. ;)
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I'll add that it's not likely to be till next week as Eamonn is busy dealing with his elderly mother who is quite poorly at the moment and he's away from home till Monday as far as I'm aware.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Sorry

I don't want to put pressure on the Club volunteers who do a brilliant job - I just think the Club is missing a trick in not making the digital version more appealing.
If the PDF was available, (via the website), from the day the publishers distributed the paper copy who would be disadvantaged?
Those of us who use the forum could all benefit at the same time - it would be status quo, (now there's a band), for those who don't and the webmaster could approve publication by both means as one task.

I believe the Club would have more disposable income if digital subscriptions increase at the expense of paper ones - what's not to like?

Regards Mick
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Mick D wrote:
Janet wrote:What some people forget is that the money we pay for membership doesn't just cover the cost of printing and posting the magazine
Sorry Janet, but unless I'm wrong the only difference between a paper and digital subscription is the cost incurred by the club in producing and distributing a paper magazine against an online PDF.
I guess the benefit on speed and cost saving is most noticeable for issues available to members overseas (which for the moment doesn't include Scotland ;) )
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

What sea would you have to cross to get to Scotland? :lol:

Rob C
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

The one between S and o.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein