Cheery Christmas Greeting

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MalcW

Cheery Christmas Greeting

Post by MalcW »

I've just received the latest copy of the Jampot magazine, and I had to laugh at the cheery Christmas greeting in Ton-Up Talk (P3). The last two sentences read

"Your bike might last forever but YOU won't.
Merry Christmas everyone!"

(To be fair, the overall article was an optimistic view of the future of this club, and classic motorcycling in general)

Oh, and can you stop putting pictures of such nice bikes on the front cover? It puts mine to shame.

Malc
56G80S

Re: Cheery Christmas Greeting

Post by 56G80S »

Yep, mine's filthy and I've just broken the ball end off the choke lever.

I get increasingly jealous.

Johnny B
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

56G80S wrote:I get increasingly jealous.
Yep - me too

As a digital subscriber I'm getting more and more annoyed that my magazine always lags the print version, (especially as I'm paying proportionally more for the service).
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:
56G80S wrote:I get increasingly jealous.
Yep - me too

As a digital subscriber I'm getting more and more annoyed that my magazine always lags the print version, (especially as I'm paying proportionally more for the service).

Swap to hard copy. The digital version was created to be released on the day or slightly after the hard copy (depends on the webmasters commitments at the time) of hard copy delivery.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

ajscomboman wrote:Swap to hard copy
Hi

I'd rather not have an unnecessary pile of paper arriving. I'm pretty sure the difference in subscription between paper and digital doesn't cover the postage and production costs so why as a digital subscriber should I have to suffer the further discrimination of tardy availability of Jampot?

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Swap to hard copy
Hi

I'd rather not have an unnecessary pile of paper arriving. I'm pretty sure the difference in subscription between paper and digital doesn't cover the postage and production costs so why as a digital subscriber should I have to suffer the further discrimination of tardy availability of Jampot?

Regards Mick
It simply boils down to when Eamonn is around to press the download button. His working life and family commitments don't revolve around the Jampot distribution time unlike the printers and if he's not notified of it's release there will be a slight delay.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

The system of receiving the digital Jampot has been explained
here many times before, and it is far form being tardy please try to
remember that that we all give our time for free.
Roy
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

G15 Roy wrote: we all give our time for free.
Crikey, Yikes and I say! Nobody told me I wasn't going to get paid! You can write your own New Year greeting now...... :lol: :lol:
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

For overseas members, the digital Jampot arrives exactly the same time as everybody else's. The printed copy would take six months to reach South Africa if it arrives at all.

Rob C
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi have to be honest I did laugh out loud at the last two lines of the Christmas greeting but got the gist of the rest of the article .
I think the future for the club and classic biking in general is rosy as where there are old bikes there will always be people to ride them and in a way we are only custodians for the next generation . It would be good if we looked around our garages and sheds and seriously considered the number of bikes we own and if they could be released back into the market place for someone else to enjoy . However this is not easy because I don't know how anyone else feels but I almost get a sense of real loss when I sell a bike I have put sweat and spanner time into and it's very hard to let them go .
I once sold a kh 250 triple which I loved to fund a family holiday and was absolutely gutted for week's after and didn't enjoy the holiday although I put on a brave face .
I really appreciate my paper version of jampot every month and enjoy picking up and re reading various articles from the different magazines it's nice to have something tangible to look at. I can appreciate that digital is better for the environment and is the only way to go for overseas members .
Lots of work goes into the magazine so well done and bravo to all who produce it .
Regards Chris