How naive?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Re: How naive?

Post by 56G80S »

Of course, it's always wise to use one's own intelligence to sort out the idiots from the knowledgeable butan internet search, visit the vehicle Club / owners website and look at some Youtube videos can be very helpful.

I needed to replace the sidelight on the Alhambra and there were some useful vids. Similar with the drainage from the plenum on the Rover 75.

Sprids, you're usually well up on this stuff!

Johnny B
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

spookefoote1956 wrote:What's a cam belt?
Are you serious??? The cam belt turns the overhead cam shaft, which in turn controls valve opening and closing. If the cam belt breaks, this usually results in valves hitting the pistons. A very costly repair job that could cost more than the value of your car.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Are you serious??? The cam belt turns the overhead cam shaft, which in turn controls valve opening and closing. If the cam belt breaks, this usually results in valves hitting the pistons. A very costly repair job that could cost more than the value of your car.
It's a wind up Rob!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:
It's a wind up Rob!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Somewhat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder I couldn't find the pushrods on my C3 Picasso. Next they'll be running cars on diesel!
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

What's diesel?
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

t's that stuff some years ago the government wanted us to use but now say it's causing so much pollution, nothing is ever mentioned about all those commercial and private aircraft that are constantly passing over us all day.
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

MikeM. wrote:t's that stuff some years ago the government wanted us to use but now say it's causing so much pollution, nothing is ever mentioned about all those commercial and private aircraft that are constantly passing over us all day.
Not too many diesel private air craft about, but I do agree about the pollution that huge planes generate. You only need to walk any where near a major airport and you can smell the fuel fumes and listen to the massive noise of the planes, yet we are always being told that more and more runways are good for us.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

pkr87 wrote:Not too many diesel private air craft about
Hi

Aviation fuel, (Jet A1), is essentially refined kerosene and very similar to diesel.

Regards Mick
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Plugsnpoints wrote:What's diesel?
OMG! I don't believe it! It's an aftershave! Do I have to explain everything! :rofl:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

MikeM. wrote:t's that stuff some years ago the government wanted us to use but now say it's causing so much pollution,
I wonder if the reason diesels have been preferred due to their low pollution was because all the car makers have been fudging the tests for 20 years?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'