NEC motorcycle show.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
rex.webb

Re: NEC motorcycle show.

Post by rex.webb »

NO WAY SHOULD WE ASSOSIATE OURSELVES WITH
THE NEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MATCHLESS PEOPLE .
A SHAM IF EVER THERE WAS ONE .
Ride with care and live LONG
to'
ENJOY YOUR MOTORCYCLING and SCOOTERING
r w webb
shandi

Re: NEC motorcycle show.

Post by shandi »

Ian and I worked for five days on the TOMCC (Triumph OC) stand this year and the Club will probably not return next year. Many fewer people coming through the doors than other years (this is our fourth at the show, one with you and three with TOMCC) and it was very hard work to get even the cost of a sticker out of people. The HOC (Honda) stand was a few down from ours and they said the same. We also spoke to several trade stands selling the usual helmets, gloves, ear plugs etc and they were all disappointed at sales. There will be a lot of businesses having a serious think about whether or not to go along next year. The NMM was there with a big stand and some tasty classic bikes, plus the raffle bike but it was very quiet and I didn't see the sight of a raffle ticket being sold. The price of the car park was extortionate, £16, unless you bought online before coming. However, it was easier than we have ever known to get in and out at the beginning and end of the day, no queues to park or get out except last night when it was bad because of an evening concert. I think that says it all really. On the plus side we did meet quite a few members that don't attend Branch/Section evenings and gave out lots of membership forms that may come back completed. :)