AJS on ebay

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: AJS on ebay

Post by ajscomboman »

dave16mct wrote:Rob, looked today and there's no plug. Stamped 31 CSR X7707 , has 5/16" studs and no pressure relief valve, so I think 1963. Casting numbers are D/S 025023 T/S 025015. Maybe they used dynamo types up then moved onto un-machined cases like mine.
Dave.
Interesting, my one is 86xx and Rogers is slightly later and we both have the alloy plugs in the case and both are the originals from the factory. That makes me think that they were definitely using up whatever was available especially as yours is earlier. My case has 5/16" studs and the pressure relief in the end of the filter tunnel.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

If you want to buy it, buy it. If you don't , then don't. Someone will and they'll love it just like we do ours. Who am I to criticise a non-original machine. After all it'll be another one on the road and in the end that's all that matters. I'd have it but I wouldn't spend 9 grand on any bike.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I couldn't agree more! :D
McBob

Post by McBob »

The market will decide! But what type of ignition thingamajig does it have on it?
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

That's an electronic ignition unit. Probably Boyer Bransden but could also be a Pazon unit. It's just a housing to fit where the magneto was. It houses the pickup and plate. There's been one just like it on my Model 20 for at least 20 years.
Dave.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

dave16mct wrote:That's an electronic ignition unit. Probably Boyer Bransden but could also be a Pazon unit. It's just a housing to fit where the magneto was. It houses the pickup and plate. There's been one just like it on my Model 20 for at least 20 years.
Dave.
Nice! Needs a big disc on the front end though! :lol:
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein