New Zealand Register International Rally 2020

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

New Zealand Register International Rally 2020

Post by clive »

Murray McLean of the New Zealand Register (and who is also a member of the AMOC) has asked me to put up this reminder to anyone thinking of attending the 2020 rally in New Zealand and particularly if you are intending to go on the pre-rally tour of the South Island. This will take in the annual Bert Munro bike festival in Invercargill (as far south as you can go on the South Island) which is always very busy and they need to know numbers and book accommodation more than a year in advance! Murray would really like to have advance payment by the end of November but as this reminder is going in the December Jampot he has extended the deadline to mid December. I missed the 2000 New Zealand Rally and have already put my name down for this one! Murray may not organise one in 2040.

"2020 New Zealand International Rally and Pre-Rally Tour
This is a final reminder for all International members who are intending to attend the Pre-Rally tour in New Zealand 3rd Feb 2020- 14th Feb 2020. We need to have your Deposits (400 pounds/person) paid by 15 December 2018 so we can book accommodation in the South Island (earlier if possible).
We are travelling from Nelson and down the West Coast thru some of the most scenic and exciting Motorcycling roads New Zealand has to offer. Then we will spend 4 Days in Invercargill for the Burt Munro classic Racing Festival with beach racing, Drag Racing, Hill climb, speedway, and track and Street Racing, along with visits to The famous Truck Museum and Motorcycle Museum.
From there we head north thru Otago, Canterbury and Marlborough to return to Nelson for the 3 Day International Rally, Based in Nelson.
A backup vehicle with spares is provided by our club and also a skilled Classic Bike Mechanic
We know 2020 seems a long way off but you know how time flys.
If you need some more information please email matchlessnz@icloud.com or phone Murray Mclean Rally Organiser +64 3 525 7024 (I only speak English)"
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix