Breathtaking 80 Years of AMC Show. This Sunday 28th Oct.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
SPRIDDLER

Breathtaking 80 Years of AMC Show. This Sunday 28th Oct.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Around 60 AMC bikes all through the ages have been booked in for our stand in the huge exhibition hall, including Ajay 7R's, G45's, G15, G50, plus all the regular types of comp and road bikes and several outfits.

Colin Seeley will be with us and his Seeley framed G50 plus two ex Barry Sheene, Seeley framed Suzukis (As we all know, AMC were the first importers to the U.K. of Suzuki bikes ;) ).

Andover AJS will be there with four of the current range.

Furthermore, a group of ex AMC employees will be holding an open forum/discussion/ Q&A session in the Stockman's Hall at about 11.30 (confirm time on arrival) which should be a really special opportunity. I'm told by a pal that one of them was the tester of my chum's G15/45 two days before it was shipped to the Berliner Motor Corporation in the U.S.A. so he hopes to get a snap of the tester with his bike. Nice bit of history to keep with the bike. These rare sessions (with sadly a diminishing group of workers) are always very interesting. I recall an occasion when one ex-Tester was asked which AMC bike did he find the worst. His reply was: "The Norton Jubilee. They were utterly gutless. One day I was head down, chin on the tank, thrashing one up Sydenham Hill when I was overtaken by a trolley bus".

Scroll down the first page of the promoter's website (link below) for details:

http://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Re: Breathtaking 80 Years of AMC Show. This Sunday 28th Oct.

Post by G15 Roy »

I will also be there on something leaky so please bring big dip tray.
Roy
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

going my best to get the G15CSR ready , you know im always working to the last minute . nothing like a deadline
its alright for everyone that's retired , you all must have so much time to play bikes everyday once the decorating , gardening and shopping are done
clive

Post by clive »

g80csp11 wrote:going my best to get the G15CSR ready , you know im always working to the last minute . nothing like a deadline
its alright for everyone that's retired , you all must have so much time to play bikes everyday once the decorating , gardening and shopping are done
Ah but you are forgetting the DIY as well. Currently having to build an extension to the hall cupboard!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

clive wrote: Ah but you are forgetting the DIY as well. Currently having to build an extension to the hall cupboard!
........and being on holiday!
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Just left Gibraltar and it's going to be rough! 5/ 6 metre waves! Be glad to be back and out on a bike, I hear it's rather cold back in the UK. Been 24 degrees here in the med! :D
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

An update on the preparations.

Sussex lads turned up in force this afternoon to get the basics set up with cable ties, gaffer tape and unbridled confusion.

Curiously our marquee seemed to be a lot taller the last time we used it........
2018-10-27 Ardingly show Oct 2018 003 (640x480).jpg
First of the 60 bikes expected tomorrow was a gorgeous trials iron from Notts and Derby member Roger.....

2018-10-27 Ardingly show Oct 2018 006 (640x480).jpg
When all basics were completed Herr Obershowmeister Ray decided we needed A Plan to fall back on in case all else fails tomorrow (Cuh! As if it would.... :roll: )
2018-10-27 Ardingly show Oct 2018 012 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Looks like it's all under control then. Dudley should be there by 8.30 with four bikes and the Essex riders will arrive about 10AM if no breakdowns.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

All being well and my chauffeur doesn't get lost, The First Lady and yours truly should be there by 9.30-45.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Good Lord chaps, and don't forget the clock change or you'll be there before we've put your jumbo drip trays down.