Sussex section on tour

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ray.woolford

Re: Sussex section on tour

Post by ray.woolford »

Peter was never any good at guessing try £146.00, it's on his way to Spain 11.45 Sat morning via the Sussex Section International rescue squad.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Ouch. Is that 50p per week over the next 5 years

or I could turn the thermostat down evem more on the house heating. Not sure how long that will take to pay Ray back as it's already set on frost protection and only comes on late October until March.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

International rescue dont deliver weekends so might be Tuesday before I get spares. I don't think DHL understand the meaning of next day or express. Never mind local bottled beer is 6.2% and no risk of drink driving for a few days
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

g80csp11 wrote:International rescue dont deliver weekends so might be Tuesday before I get spares. I don't think DHL understand the meaning of next day or express. Never mind local bottled beer is 6.2% and no risk of drink driving for a few days

Is that really 6.2% or 6.20 per pint and that's why there is no risk of drink driving! :rofl: :rofl:
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

g80csp11 wrote: I don't think DHL understand the meaning of next day or express.
I once asked a Spanish guy how he would say 'eventually'. He said that they didn't have a word to express such urgency.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
bob

Post by bob »

You want to hope it is DHL , they're the best .
I import from the far east couple of times a month .
Fedex ,Tnt, Ups etc are known here as " Michael Palin transport " " Round the world in 80 days ."
DHL are normally 3-4 days .
Just wish DHL invoicing section were as good , when they make a mistake they won't admit it .
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

g80csp11 wrote:Ouch. Is that 50p per week over the next 5 years

or I could turn the thermostat down evem more on the house heating. Not sure how long that will take to pay Ray back as it's already set on frost protection and only comes on late October until March.

May have been cheaper to Fly Ray out with parts and bring him home on the back of the back, that way you could have made him pay half of the return the petrol bill. :idea:
Roy
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

G15 Roy wrote:

May have been cheaper to Fly Ray out with parts and bring him home on the back of the back, that way you could have made him pay half of the return the petrol bill. :idea:
.....and the ferry!
Expat

Post by Expat »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
g80csp11 wrote: I don't think DHL understand the meaning of next day or express.
I once asked a Spanish guy how he would say 'eventually'. He said that they didn't have a word to express such urgency.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Parts arrive at 3pm . Back together with exception of fork oil by 5pm . I take it back international did pretty well. Thanks Raye ando Dick for loan and arranging transport.