Re: Alternative Rally

Post by clive »

4 from West London planning to attend.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I was at the West Kent on Sunday, sat and had lunch with the AMC guys :beer: receiving banter from all because I hadn't taken the AMC but a Velocette, good fun though. My view is if it has a wheel at both ends and will safely get me round corners then it's O.K for me. kind regards
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

GOLDSTAR wrote:I was at the West Kent on Sunday, sat and had lunch with the AMC guys :beer: receiving banter from all because I hadn't taken the AMC but a Velocette, good fun though. My view is if it has a wheel at both ends and will safely get me round corners then it's O.K for me. kind regards
Yes i did hear! I was in the camping field packing the CS away as it was in disgrace. It ran perfectly till that weekend and on the Fri run I had oil everywhere, actually pumping out the decompressor lever hole. Turned out, as you have probably read elsewhere, to be the o rings at the barrel base blocking the tappet oilways and filling the pushrod tubes. All sorted and running better than ever but no way to carry luggage so it's the Mod 20 for the week.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

see you in Spain then, I quite like their dark San Miguel, yippee, er kind regards
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

GOLDSTAR wrote:see you in Spain then, I quite like their dark San Miguel, yippee, er kind regards
:beer: :beer:
Expat

Post by Expat »

GOLDSTAR wrote:I was at the West Kent on Sunday, sat and had lunch with the AMC guys :beer: receiving banter from all because I hadn't taken the AMC but a Velocette, good fun though. My view is if it has a wheel at both ends and will safely get me round corners then it's O.K for me. kind regards

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Quite agree Richard. If it's got two wheels......... :)
This was my second attempt to try riding again with just one usable arm on a club Easter run, 2 yrs after a big accident. A couple of hours later when making a 'snappy' gear change from the pub car park I got muddled by the reversed rear brake and gear levers and ended up diving into the landlord's daffodils, but the lads picked me up and sat me back aboard.
Sprid group Honda Apl 6th 2012 (640x427).jpg
A month later it took me and camping gear to the 2012 International (albeit only a 60 mile ride from home!) where I fell off again, (stationary in the car park :roll: ) and broke my (already) unusable arm. The section ladies looked after me nicely though ;)
IJR Maidstone May 25th 2012 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:At least three of the Sussex guys who normally attend the Alternative Rallies will be riding their AMC bikes to the Spanish event.
Oh go on then, tell me who they are you may as well spoil my weekend before I get there! :rofl: :rofl: :

At a guess Piper, Gibbo and Davies?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:At least three of the Sussex guys who normally attend the Alternative Rallies will be riding their AMC bikes to the Spanish event.
Oh go on then, tell me who they are you may as well spoil my weekend before I get there! :rofl: :rofl: :

Correct. Plus Dick Leaver I understand.
Don't faint if Gibbo (aka 'Peter the Generous') offers you a drink though as you'll only get one of his PoundShop tea bags.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:

Correct. Plus Dick Leaver I understand.
Don't faint if Gibbo (aka 'Peter the Generous') offers you a drink though as you'll only get one of his PoundShop tea bags.
I've yet to even get that out of Gibbo even from his recycled stock! :rofl:

My I'm looking forward to the p**s being taken out of me! Especially from that damn Piper!!! :headbang: :rofl:

Looks as though it'll turn out to be a mini International alternative Alternative. :D :D