Settling in

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
shifter

Settling in

Post by shifter »

Well back in the way of so called normality again after a very stressful few months of dealing with a very close family member passing and sorting his estate, Selling relocating and buying another abode for us to reside in now there lies another dilemma. In the process of keeping her the boss happy she plumed for a property with very little storage space (well for my needs) so the bulk of my bikes were sold as there wasn't enough room. Now we are in and getting settled I have managed to find a space for one bike so I'm on the lookout for a nice sorted one to use on the odd nice sunny days in-between 0ther of little life's events and tinkering with my projects.

shifter
?
Ozmadman

Re: Settling in

Post by Ozmadman »

One of the many advantages of living on my own ( I have a partner 19years now but we decided from the start to live separate and it works great!!) so no-one telling me what I can and can't do in my own place. Couldn't you have negotiated a better deal (maybe a lifetime of washing up ??) surely it's all about compromise on both sides?
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

When we moved into our house nearly 40 years ago I surrendered having a garage, which a very much wanted (no space or even vehicle access here) on the understanding I'd at least get a pool table.

Still no pool table.

Renting a lock up at £650 a year!

Johnny B
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Whenever we've looked for new houses I've always worked on the principle of "You can pick the house you want but it must have a garage for the bikes"
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
clive

Post by clive »

56G80S wrote:Renting a lock up at £650 a year! Johnny B
Consider yourself lucky I am paying about £90 less than that ......a quarter
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

When we moved after I retired, " the beloved" got a bigger more modern house with a conservatory and I got a treble garage!! Good deal all round!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

I'm in the process of moving... My current property with no garage... (I, too, rent a council lock-up at around £500 a year)... has been sold STC and I'm looking at new properties in East Anglia. Top priority... a good sized garage and space to build a workshop. I'm on my own so what the actual house and location is like are secondary considerations. There's no way I'm selling my 'ladies' !!!
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi shifter
Sorry to hear of your recent struggles . Never know what life has round the corner for us .
Regarding the bike search couple of fairly tidy model 14 lightweights on fleabay atm. Room for fettling and improvements to both but look to be usable . I know you have owned lightweights before so know how underated they are. Great for plonking about on while you get sorted .
Good luck with your search.
Regards Chris
shifter

Post by shifter »

Thanks Chris, I will have a look at the little bikes on the old Bay
shifter
?
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Why not see what comes into Kettering HQ!