Fork tubes in the AMOC store, any update?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
rcousine

Fork tubes in the AMOC store, any update?

Post by rcousine »

I enquired with the shop a month or two back about when the 1-1/4” fork tube kits would be back in stock, and got a polite answer that availability would be announced in the newsletter, when they were back.

Fair enough, but does anyone have some insider info as to what the likely timeline for stocking is? I'd rather buy new if available, but if we are months away, I'll start looking at other sources.

(Not very related, but has anyone done much with adapting another front end to these bikes, most likely to improve braking? Mine is a 1958 AJS 18 CS, and while I'm content to keep the front end stock, I'll also happily embrace a good known-to-work disc brake setup.)
1958 AJS 18 CS (a work in regress)
Ongoing rebuild photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B16GWZuqDGvT59n
kellyp

Re: Fork tubes in the AMOC store, any update?

Post by kellyp »

Hello

The 1 1/4 fork tube kits should be available later today or if not tomorrow depending on when we receive the delivery from our supplier.
ajsm18

Post by ajsm18 »

rcousine wrote:(Not very related, but has anyone done much with adapting another front end to these bikes, most likely to improve braking? Mine is a 1958 AJS 18 CS, and while I'm content to keep the front end stock, I'll also happily embrace a good known-to-work disc brake setup.)
Dave Summerfield (potsova on here) has KTM forks on his G12 CSR. He did have a KTM disk as well but now has a BSA/Triumph conical hub twin leading shoe hub. I'm sure he'd happily give you details, if you pm'd him.
Mark
rcousine

Post by rcousine »

Thanks for both answers, looks like my bike will get new front legs very soon!
1958 AJS 18 CS (a work in regress)
Ongoing rebuild photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B16GWZuqDGvT59n