Jampot Rally 2018

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: Jampot Rally 2018

Post by ajscomboman »

dave16mct wrote:Rose and I would like to thank HOE for a great rally. It was very friendly, laid back and relaxing. We enjoyed all 3 runs and the 2 bands were very good. Good to meet up with Johnny from the forum, Alfy from Northern Ireland and John Walley from Guernsey (to name just a few). Dave.
I'll second that Dave, the runs were great, with the exception of seeing Ian and Shirley picking themselves up off the floor after the rear tyre blew. No serious injuries to either and the bike suffered only minor damage.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Ramblings look at the first post.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

An excellent " do", a good turnout for the AGM!! No rain, good beer etc.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
raffles

Post by raffles »

As for the ramblings in the fist post .Get it right John the H O E team was headed by Barry Plumb.
Tony
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I would also add that Mr Bellett has never been Chairman! He's been the President but never the Chairman till now, that role had been mine until 2016. Now thank's to those present at the AGM the role of President is now mine and I've made the bullets for all those that voted! :rofl: :rofl:
les ward

Post by les ward »

A great rally and I really enjoyed the runs. Thanks HOE section.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I really enjoyed the Rally. The sheer volume of work carried out by the HoE Section was fantastic. All were welcoming and doing their best to make the event good. There are things that can't be foreseen and may also be outside the organisers control. Not to mention trying to find the compromise between costs and service delivery.

There are always niggles but if I have any I'll pass them on personally and only in the interests of helping the next section to avoid them.

Thanks to all the sections that let me join them in the evenings, including North Essex and East London & Essex, but mostly the Scottish Section - hope Dennis is really on the mend now.

Only sorry I can't make it to the Alternative this year.

Got home safe after 5 hours at mostly indicated 55 mph sometimes 60 mph and then when there was a crosswind, 45 mph!

Cheers

Johnny B

EDIT - Rob, haven't you enough with the centre stands without encroaching on Royal Enfield's market?
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

56G80S wrote:I really enjoyed the Rally. The sheer volume of work carried out by the HoE Section was fantastic. All were welcoming and doing their best to make the event good. There are things that can't be foreseen and may also be outside the organisers control. Not to mention trying to find the compromise between costs and service delivery.

There are always niggles but if I have any I'll pass them on personally and only in the interests of helping the next section to avoid them.

Thanks to all the sections that let me join them in the evenings, including North Essex and East London & Essex, but mostly the Scottish Section - hope Dennis is really on the mend now.

Only sorry I can't make it to the Alternative this year.

Got home safe after 5 hours at mostly indicated 55 mph sometimes 60 mph and then when there was a crosswind, 45 mph!

Cheers

Johnny B

EDIT - Rob, haven't you enough with the centre stands without encroaching on Royal Enfield's market?
Glad you made it without any mishaps, Enfields not on the horizon Johnny! :rofl:
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

ajscomboman wrote:I would also add that Mr Bellett has never been Chairman! He's been the President but never the Chairman till now, that role had been mine until 2016. Now thank's to those present at the AGM the role of President is now mine and I've made the bullets for all those that voted! :rofl: :rofl:
I didn't vote for you .....
It's all just riding motorbikes
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Don't know about any of the politics and don't care anyway. A great rally good company, good food and great entertainment .
We made lots of new friends can't remember most of the names but all good people with a common interest . Particular thanks and hi to spriddler who helped me out with a bit of spare fuel pipe after mine split and gave up his time to diagnose the fault . Hope we meet again soon.
Enjoyed the auto jumble too . My goodness the hosting section did graft hard all weekend so thanks to each and every one of them .
See you all next year .