One person stops motor cycle event being held.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
G15 Roy

Re: One person stops motor cycle event being held.

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:
20170204_161623.jpg
Roy would be fine then.
MY old Mate George
Roy
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Janet wrote:Roy, it's a drag race event.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1 ... ag-racing/
But that May 1st report is not what I am referring to Janet. Which I believe features only cars. The event I believe I was referring to featured only motor cycles. It did when I last went.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... 2b18910f96
To save you signing up here's the report
NW event.jpg
It seems we made the right decision to move from North Weald and time to stop
Supporting any events held there this may include the 2018 event hosted by the council.
I have talked to Tony on this and he has just walked
away form all events based there. Just wait for the major developers to start building.
Roy
Janet

Post by Janet »

Rob Harknett wrote:
Janet wrote:Roy, it's a drag race event.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1 ... ag-racing/
But that May 1st report is not what I am referring to Janet. Which I believe features only cars. The event I believe I was referring to featured only motor cycles. It did when I last went.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.c ... 2b18910f96
To save you signing up here's the report
NW event.jpg
Although the photo above the article you linked to was of motorcycles, there was no mention of motorcycles. If you read that and the article in the link I posted, you may get the impression that the same organiser, Tony Huck of Maitland Racing is talking about the same complaint and the same result, ie Drag Racing has been banned form North Weald. Now, it may be that other events are, or are not, banned but you haven't provided any information about them.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I read on Fakebook that tenders have been requested from an environmental firm for primary and secondary soil contamination tests and multi-element analysis at the site. It's rumoured that the site will be developed into London East airport. In a leaked document the President of the development company is reported to have said: "And we're gonna build a wall around Essex and make the U.K. great again".
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I think your thinking is along the lines of my own Roy. By stopping events being held on the airfield, will eventually kill off the airfield. Leaving the owners EFDC, free to re developed it with minimum objections from the public. It only needs a slip road for M11/ M25 access. Panshanger airfield nr. Hertford has now closed. There are still many WW2 sites laying almost vacant in the area. The old POW camp at Hatfield Heath, over grow and hidden from view. Still has all the old buildings standing. They are trying to re develop that. I guess Matching airfield is only more or less vacant, because that could easily extend Stansted airfield with under ground train link. Also only about a mile to access M11. Broxbourne and Hunsdon airfields went years ago. Little known nearby Sawbridgeworth airfield seems to escape plans. Perhaps due to very ancient archaeological earthworks in the area. Stappleford Tawney where we now meet, also very close for M11/M25 access.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I was aware of motor car drag racing at North Weald Janet. I have never paid much attention to it. There are many other events held on the airfield I have no interest on, so not read about. Perhaps also organised by the same " promoter "
I only referred to motor cycle events as that is the main interest for a motor cycle club. The airfields in the area are places motor cyclist meet and have runs to, also hold events. Motor Cycle Auto Jumbles were also once held at North Weald. The EFDC have not stopped the huge markets they run, not just once a year but weekly. They cause major traffic congestion for miles. Noise pollution and tons of rubbish to clear up weekly. They have been running for decades in spite of many objections. That that also killed off all the nearby town weekly market days.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Rob Harknett wrote:I only referred to motor cycle events as that is the main interest for a motor cycle club.
Yes you did that, both in the title of this thread and in your first post.
Rob Harknett wrote:The organisers made contact with the person in an effort to agree a ban on motor cycles taking part, that caused the complaint to be made. The person refused to consider this, on the basis his complaint covered all motor cycles. Large or small, fast or slow.
What you didn't do was identify the source of your information and which specific motorcycle event had been banned. Why didn't you say which event you're talking about? Then Roy wouldn't have had to ask and I wouldn't have replied to him.
You then posted a report that referred to the same complaint from May 2016 which didn't mention motorcycles at all, other than showing a photograph of some lined up.
This smells of objection's against motor cycles again in the area.
It smells of an objection against drag-racing of cars and, perhaps of motorcycles, too.

I'll leave you to have the last word.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.07.30_11h22m03s_001_.png
June auto jumble was also cancelled at North Weald. Not sure why, but there are two more listed for this year. The event I used to attend at North Weald was not called a drag race, as the media now seems to call a similar event. When I have been it was called North Weald Bike Fest. They had motor cycle sprints, jumble and bike club stands. The report that caught my attention leading to posting the topic was dated July 26 2018. it refers to motor sport & vehicles illustrated showing motor cycles. I am sure anyone would think it would have been motor cycles that were the vehicles in question, as I did. I see in the report I showed dated July 26th 2018 noise level tests were no carried out correctly. I have had experience of these tests a few times in the past. This includes tests carried out by EFDC. A house owner next to Roydon Village hall complained. I was asked by EFDC to set up my equipment in the hall. First of all a sound level was reached within the hall. At which point I had to play a record over and over again keeping sound level the same. Readings were taken inside the persons home by the EFDC. ( Epping Forest District council ) The test took quite some time. As readings in the persons home, were taken at various levels inside the hall. So the hall could install a sound limiter set at an agreed level. So I think the promoter may be on a winner as it seems the EFDC have not followed correct procedures.
Last word Janet, apologies if I have not got all my info and understandings correct. The media also may have made errors in writing their report. That same newspaper featured a report about my giving a talk to Roydon School children in a February 2018 issue inc. pictures. That was a surprize, the headmaster sent me a copy saying had I seen it. As the event took place Oct. 16th 2017.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

No objections to drag racing on Brighton seafront.
Drag racing (640x412).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Rob these Jumbles that have been cancelled are due to lack of traders applying for
pitches and the organiser not willing to put any money into building the event, nothing to do with the Council.
Roy