One person stops motor cycle event being held.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Re: One person stops motor cycle event being held.

Post by Janet »

When we were at the Jampot Rally on North Weald airfield, we had to make breaks in the discussions at the AGM because we couldn't hear when those dirty smelly and extremely noisy old aeroplanes flew over

and back

and over

and back.............
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Janet wrote:When we were at the Jampot Rally on North Weald airfield, we had to make breaks in the discussions at the AGM because we couldn't hear when those dirty smelly and extremely noisy old aeroplanes flew over

and back

and over

and back.............
Vehicles also restricted to 20 M.P.H. on North Weald Airfield. But people will complain about noise. At North Weald you may have seen me wandering about with an electronic gadget in my hand. It was a noise measuring device. I noted the noise levels of Jet & Pro aircraft, helicopters, motor cycles, run group of motor cycles. Band, disco and bar. It is always what one does not like is loud, regardless of how loud the sound actually is. Most of the people there being motor cyclists may have complained about disco and band. Or just disco. Now the disco produced lower sound levels that the band as a band has more amplification. The band produced lower sound levels that the motor cycles produced being revved. The start of the run was quite a bit more than the band or disco. I measure the sound of a motor cycle and tapped the rider on the shoulder HEY.... WHAT.... LOOK... YOU'RE MAKING MORE NOISE THAN YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT LAST NIGHT ...... WHAT. I guess wearing a crash helmet he was not aware he was making more noise than he complained about. The bar averaged 95 db when full and everyone with raised voice to make themselves heard. the disco 97 reducing to 95 db on slow numbers. The band 98 db reducing to 95 on slow and acoustic numbers. Sound limiters in clubs and halls are usually set at between 95 to 98 db. I believe sound levels double for each 3 db. So the difference between a bar full of people, will double sound levels with a band. If any rally organisers are concerned about complaints due to noise levels, I will be happy to bring along my sound level metering device. It will be found, the main cause for complaint may be the revving of motor cycles. In the evening time a band, that cannot be turned down as easy as a disco could be, a disco having only one main sound level control. Much more difficult to turn down sound levels with a pack of 200 motor cycles. On the likes of the Banbury run x number of bikes leave at one time. Doing this will reduce noise on our rally runs. Noise would get lost along with other road traffic.
Janet

Post by Janet »

I was making light of what happened at the AGM and you quote me, then come back with all that, which was too long so I didn't read past the first sentence. Perhaps if you pick out the bit relevant to my post I might read it.
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Janet wrote:I was making light of what happened at the AGM and you quote me, then come back with all that, which was too long so I didn't read past the first sentence. Perhaps if you pick out the bit relevant to my post I might read it.
Steady on Janet lass, tha'll be tekkin tha cowet off an rollin tha sleeves up next :lol:
Janet

Post by Janet »

Tommy RE wrote:
Janet wrote:I was making light of what happened at the AGM and you quote me, then come back with all that, which was too long so I didn't read past the first sentence. Perhaps if you pick out the bit relevant to my post I might read it.
Steady on Janet lass, tha'll be tekkin tha cowet off an rollin tha sleeves up next :lol:
Nay lad, that would remove the element of surprise. :rofl:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Tommy RE wrote:
My reply was related to the noise topic as was yours Janet, but with actual factual information I gathered at the event you referred to, which also included reference to a noise source you referred to. So having not bothered to read past the first sentence, you never discovered this. So were not in a position to make a comment. I'm not rolling up my sleeves Neil, I am not that easily offended. Certainly do not wish a war with Janet or any other friend.
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

Janet wrote:
Tommy RE wrote:
Does that mean tha creeps up behind em on tha Velo LE an bashes em on't th'ead wi tha bommy knocker? :shock:
Janet

Post by Janet »

Tommy RE wrote:
Janet wrote:
Tommy RE wrote:Steady on Janet lass, tha'll be tekkin tha cowet off an rollin tha sleeves up next :lol:
Does that mean tha creeps up behind em on tha Velo LE an bashes em on't th'ead wi tha bommy knocker? :shock:
Aye. Allus bray them afore they clowt thee.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Motorcycle-Hearse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Expat

Post by Expat »

Wot the bloody hell are youse talking abaht?? :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)