K6 Big Port Exhaust

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
K6350lowe

K6 Big Port Exhaust

Post by K6350lowe »

I am currently restoring a k6 350cc k6 and I struggling to obtain an exhaust. I have the original downpipe to copy. Where could I get one bent or is there a similar 1" 3/4" AJS exhaust I could modify by cutting removing brackets and welding. My last resort will be ton form one myself
Stuoyb

Re: K6 Big Port Exhaust

Post by Stuoyb »

Try NRP at Bilsthorpe (Notts), they made some special pipes for a friends ex-WD Bike.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

There must be many companies that will make one. Here's one alldensexhausts@outlook.com in Market Rasen Lincs.
Getting the flange correct is very important, so the collar will screw on the barrel OK. The joker you made one I have for a K8 only made scarp. It was not flanged, had a bit welded on in a crude attempt to make a flange.
bjork

Post by bjork »

Rob Harknett wrote:There must be many companies that will make one. Here's one alldensexhausts@outlook.com in Market Rasen Lincs.
Getting the flange correct is very important, so the collar will screw on the barrel OK. The joker you made one I have for a K8 only made scarp. It was not flanged, had a bit welded on in a crude attempt to make a flange.

I'll second the recommendation for Alldens. Had my Morini trail bike special exhaust made there. Flanged header pipes and some extremely tight bends included. Not quick or cheap but worth every penny for the standard of the work.
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

I have an exhaust from my M9, this could be modified. I can take it to the Jampot if of interest.