Back on the road again!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Back on the road again!

Post by alanjennings »

Went to Crich
tramway museum last Sunday on my Vincent outfit to a classic show organised by the voc. There were34 Vincent's and 37 gold stars plus 13 amc' s well worth the 160 mile trip! Even 3 morinis were present! Am now in france in our " tin tent".If you go to Calais anytime do visit St. Joseph's Village about 8 mile away.it is basically one man's attempt to save workshops of all the old crafts, it is excellent , carpenters, carter's, clog making etc and old school room not so different to the one I attended many years ago! A lovelymotorbike and car garage plus a decent cafe and bar in the old French style.going slowly south now and will end up at a bike rally. Oh, and it's raining here just like in Portugal!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Rob Harknett

Re: Back on the road again!

Post by Rob Harknett »

Storms heading for Kent along to Isle of Wright this evening, flood warnings given. Guess it was you that sent the rain up here
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

by the lord 'arry' we could do with the rain. er kind regards
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

It rained Tuesday evening in Hayle, just a fine drizzle.
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

GOLDSTAR wrote:by the lord 'arry' we could do with the rain. er kind regards
Don't say that Laddie. I know my beans and cabbages would appreciate a bit of damp but I am racing at Lydden on Sunday and don't need wet then.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Down at Nevers on the Loire river. Sun now shining-25c. Only seen 2 deux chevaux so far, and one was all tarted up for a wedding, you see less and less old vehicles these days! At a cafe saw loads of modern bikes having a most enormous lunch, french style! Few bikes seem to carry camping gear these days,all hoteling,we are all too rich! Fuel is not much different from the uk- too expensive by far!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Forgot to mention that trying to get out on a busy junction on the morini a motorcycling gendarme stopped the traffic to let me cross! A gentleman!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

alanjennings wrote:Forgot to mention that trying to get out on a busy junction on the morini a motorcycling gendarme stopped the traffic to let me cross! A gentleman!
He just felt sorry for the quaint English gent. :rofl:
Chemists do it with test tubes
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Down in Hayle , Cornwall, met a guy the other evening at the Bucket of Blood pub with a very nice ‘57 Model 16.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

MikeM. wrote:Down in Hayle , Cornwall, met a guy the other evening at the Bucket of Blood pub with a very nice ‘57 Model 16.
MikeM. wrote: See you at Rushden Janet hopefully with the Model 31 if I can get the gearbox out to get it sorted.
Never mind going down the pub. Just stop bleating and sort that ruddy gearbox out!
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'