Ooh; the new AJS 400 goes on show for the first time...

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Tommy RE

Re: Ooh; the new AJS 400 goes on show for the first time...

Post by Tommy RE »

I received an email from Nick Brown yesterday and he said: "The target SRP is £4599 incl VAT +OTR (this looks achievable unless the pound falls through the floor on the money markets". He added "We aim to have the bikes in dealers by October this year".

The 400 AJS Cadwell features a single cylinder 397 cc. oil and air-cooled engine with a 4 valve head, balance shaft and Delphi fuel injection, 5 gears and an electric start. There is a side stand and bobbin mounts on the shining arm for a paddock type stand. The exhaust is TIG welded stainless steel with two slip on mufflers. The front forks are 37mm did conventional type with rubber gaiters (removable).

There are two versions available; Cafe version with low handlebars and single seat and a Roadster version with Higher handlebars (like the Tempest) and a dual seat. The seats are quickly interchangeable and secured with a key operated lock.

Sounds like it will be comparable/lower in price than the Enfield 500 Continental GT. Certainly looks compact and light weight and I would'nt mind taking one out for a test ride.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

And me!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

HOPE ALL THIS ENTHUSIASUM CAN BE REWARDED BY HE TEST RIDES ?
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG
To ENJOY YOUR MOTORCYCLING AND SCOOTERING .
PS.
To self have a ride on one ?
SANTA of THE FENRUNNERS
r w webb