New Member Saying "Hi"

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Cosmic-Wizard

New Member Saying "Hi"

Post by Cosmic-Wizard »

Hi! :P

I thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. I'm James from SE London and I've finally got myself a Matchless. The bike in question is a 1961 G5 which needs its engine rebuilding, so I will probably be asking a few questions.

My Nan used to work for AMC and I remember her telling me that she used to get a lift home when bikes went on their test rides lol.

I shall be perusing this board with interest and look forward to talking to you - on and hopefully off the board.

Take it easy.
James
StephenG80

Re: New Member Saying "Hi"

Post by StephenG80 »

Welcome James - let the journey begin! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your bike.

Stephen
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Hi James

Welcome! I've only been here since last October, when I got my AJS. The knowledge and encouragement freely available from members of this club are invaluable. Make the most of it, and share your progress.

Malc
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Welcome,

I'm a newbie to AMC ownership too and loving every second of it. Enjoy your bike!

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
Cosmic-Wizard

Post by Cosmic-Wizard »

Thanks for the welcome :D

I shall be starting a rebuild thread soon ;)
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

Hi James and welcome to the best one make club around!
I'm not sure where your nearest section is but if you can find one within reach would strongly suggest you join and get along for meetings as you will doubtless find a friendly welcome and priceless knowledge and assistance on tap.
It's all just riding motorbikes