Hein Gericke website

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: Hein Gericke website

Post by ajscomboman »

Let's clear up this issue.

John, Roy was joking with Peter about having to buy a pair of Rukka trousers which were mega bucks but well worth it when the rain came. He was too tight to buy the jacket so kept his Hein Gericke jacket which was only £200 with now just under 5000 miles on the clock, the last journey of which was 3000 miles. Now the jacket is falling apart and Hein Gericke look to be going bust again, maybe he'll bite the bullet and buy the pukka Rukka jacket that he should have done when he got the trousers.

As an aside, I never liked Hein and always went for Rukka. The current jacket and trousers have now covered 12000 miles in all weathers and are still bone dry!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:Hein Gericke look to be going bust again,
John. You'll know this but I'll remind you. Pay for the stuff by credit card or Paypal rather than debit card since if they do go bust before delivering you'll get your money back more easily.
It's fresh in my mind as a lady friend saw a settee in a store a week ago, paid £2200 in cash but it wasn't delivered 3 days later as promised. In short, the store has gone bust, is boarded up and deserted with just a note displayed with the contact details of the Administrator. Short of ram-raiding the store and taking HER settee she'll be lucky to get anything.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Sprid, that's terrible for her but good advice for everyone else. However, for me I've successfully bid for a Held tank bag on Ebay. Secondhand but it'll do me so Hein Gericke is out of the frame and this thread is done.

Johnny B
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

56G80S wrote:Didn't know they'd gone bust before. I was making an internet purchase (ha ha) rather trying to.

I'm fed up.

Been trying to sort out the parking at Edinburgh going up to see the Strolling Ones at Murrayfield tomorrow. Can't work it out.

Going out for a ride on the Matchless.

Johnny B
They have gone bust at least twice so far, there was a management buyout some years ago and then J&S bought out most of the stores and there are very few Hein Gerrike stores left, most business being on line. It certainly would not surprise me if they had problems again.

I hope you enjoyed the concert John, I had a great time when I saw them at the London Stadium the other week.

As for £200 jackets falling apart after 5000 miles, I always found their stuff to be good value for money too if not top draw. You get what you pay for Roy and as we all know you are so fond of your cash you never like to part with it ......
It's all just riding motorbikes