Tigers to Portugal

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
G15 Roy

Re: Tigers to Portugal

Post by G15 Roy »

Fuel consumption was a bit up and down today so Geoff decided to convert his bike to diesel, it did run but not for long.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

clive wrote:Sprids are they too big? I think the limit is 1 or 2 mbs. .
No Clive, I had resized them for Didley. The max is 1MB.
Eamonn has fixed space (Ta!) so here they are now.

The Ashford rendezvous yesterday
Ashford May 14 group (640x480).jpg
And an enforced stop I gather North of Rouen as 'someone' had put diesel in their bike....
North of Rouen 14 May (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Wow!

This is a good news service.

Personally, it looks like I had a lucky escape as although I manged a reasonable run little run of 60-70 miles I ahve "liost sensation in right thumb, forefinger and middle finger after complication playing squash after a fall onto right wrist.

Result my whole right hand goes dead for a while while riding, right forearm hurts occasionally for no rreason and more often when trying to sleep.

OK when you aren't planning long runs day after day. Doctor says take Ibuprofen and come back in a month if not better!!!!

I'll be OK for my run up to Lochearnhead and later down to Rushden as they're not far, but the IJR would've been a bit too soon; funny how things work out.

Keep the news coming.

Johnny B
REW

Post by REW »

56G80S wrote:Wow!

This is a good news service.

Keep the news coming.

Johnny B
Hear, hear!
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Definitely a fair old ride. Looking forward to your updates.

Can you tells use the intended route? The road along the north coast of Spain is a good road. Going across Spain south of the Picos can get very hot.
If heading south from Santander careful on the roads, If I remember correctly there are some bends in the road where water run of can make it quite interesting. Also try to fill up long before you run onto reserve. Distances on the map can be very deceptive.

Stay well all and have fun.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Approx 350 miles on the first leg yesterday to the night stop at Tours in the Loire valley.
Early away heading for Bordeaux. At the lunch stop Roy sought out and opened the conversation with a Brit motorhoming couple in his usual shy manner:
"How about a cup of tea then? There are five of us, all with milk, two with sugar". Luckily the motorhomers had 5 cups.
Yorshire brew May 15 (640x480).jpg
With 300 miles completed and just 40 miles from Bordeaux Rob's new tyre punctured. The roadside repair kit of plugs didn't work because they discovered that Rob's new 'tubeless' tyre (on a spoked wheel ? :roll: ) had a tube. So using a 12v pump they inflated it to high pressure, stopping every few miles to top it up until reaching a dealer where they bought two inner tunes at 16 Euros each and replaced the punctured tube.
A bit of Swift fettling May 15 (640x480).jpg
Tubes May 15th (640x480).jpg
Next leg is panned to be 425 miles over the Pyrenees and into Spain.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Alan and I took the fast route and were at the Hotel half an hour ago. Will post more pictures if I can downsize, if not via Spriddler and Roy.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

FE6B2470-1527-4EE4-88E1-C23B97405076.jpeg
Here if it loads another photo of Rob wondering what to do.
Correcting Roy's post, while the tire shop was mending the tube, I asked if there was a motorcycle shop near and if it would be open. He replied that there was one about a kilometre away but that they would shut at 6.30, in 5 minutes, I got there at 6.32 still open, but looked from the outside that they only sold Scooters and Mopeds. Inside was a large shop full including Motocross and Road Motorcycles, plus a whole shelf of Michelin tubes.
When I returned to the tire shop, the punctured tube was just about to be replaced, so a new one was put in instead.
Hopefully there will be no more problems today!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I've a spare one of those tubes in the top box on the Matchless. And a pair of original Dunlop "round" tyre levers.

Wish I'd been there. But couldn't keep pace (originally keyed "keep up" but thought that was tempting providence).

It's all part of the challenge, keep going.

Ron - Had planned to PM you to meet for a chat as was at Durham today for a meeting but ditched taking the Matchless as the fingers /wrist / forearm doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Hi Neville, how are you travelling? See you there!
Alan [Morini] Jennings