Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: Portugal beckons! (Off on holiday again!)

Post by alanjennings »

Bit heavier, bit more " grunt" not quite so smooth.that one looks o.k don't pay more than 3k! It was 7 c. In Bilbao, but now 27 c!!got lost in Caceres!! On the morini,I have cities!! Cold beer on the table and olives!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
REW

Post by REW »

Sounds like you have already had some beer Alan!
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Hi Ron, my blooming tablet thinks it knows better than me and constantly changes my
Words and spelling! Got a bottle of brandy at the ready!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
clive

Post by clive »

Alan I will happily help you reduce the weight of that bottle of Brandy. We are travelling to just 5 miles from the rally tomorrow as our camping gear is being delivered for us on Friday!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

The 7 dwarves have 280 miles to the Rally, I have decided to follow the Tigers so should be there in the afternoon.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Been off line at the rally! I see lots of pictures posted.I counted 75 bikes on the run Sunday! The food was so filling I must have put on a kilo in 3 days! Sorry about Sprids problem! Now moving south, staying at Evora for 2 days for r& r! :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Visited the walled city of Evora, used to be the capital.The usual cathedral, Roman ruins and a giant viaduct.Best of all was Franciscan chapel, all the inside covered in human priests bones!! It said- our bones lie here waiting for you! Then visited some great megolithic remains, about 7000years old, older than stone henge. To get there you needed a trail bike, very rough dirt road! But little morini- was not fazed.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Never, never try to drive thru' the suburbs of Lisbon!! It goes on for ever and even our sat nav gave up! Now at Nazare on the Atlantic coast. Trees are either cork(70% of the world's) or pine or olive in vast plantations . I'm told some of the best surfing is here- up to 30 m. I'll give that a miss!!Fuel is a bit dearer than at home, but wine is much cheaper!! :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
ron

Post by ron »

DIESEL FUEL IN THE UK THIS WEEKEND 130.9 A LITRE AT THE LOCAL SAINSBURYS GOING UP EVERY FEW DAYS IN PRICE
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

On the coast north of Lisbon at Nazare very pleasant! Surf too much for me and the Atlantic in may freezing! Frenchman next to me has a125 Peugeot scooter- so what? But an engine with a difference! It has a compressor driven off the crankshaft, still only15 bhp but lots of torque and will hit 80 mph! Local drivers don't give you much room when passing but traffic is light compared with home.I hear it's warmer in UK than here, but also had storms in my neck of the woods.My little morini- has been much admired it's not a scooter or a plastic rocket the most common bikes here.
Alan [Morini] Jennings