waste of time?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
cfaber

waste of time?

Post by cfaber »

Picked up a BSA B25 '68, total wrech of a bike, been sitting outside for 25 years with surprisingly little rust (gotta love Colorado).

Restore this turd or build it into something interesting for the lolz?

I'll post some pictures soon.

I guess I could part it out as well.... (Sin??) ;)
Fix it until it's broken!

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
Mick D

Re: waste of time?

Post by Mick D »

Hi

BIL has just returned one to use as a 'green laner' - nice bike and parts not too hard to find.

Regards Mick
mick h

Post by mick h »

My first ever bike was a b25 starfire, from experiences I had, I would say a total waste of time using this engine. Instead fit a triumph 350 or 500 unit engine, apparently they fit quite well, internet searches will shed more light, mick h
shifter

Post by shifter »

I have had 4 in the past and still got 1 b25 and not one of then has ever let me down yet, as long as they are well maintained/serviced and not taken to the limit often they are canny little bikes well in my view
shifter
?
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

As promised. Yes someone painted it BROWN and pin striped it with white vinyl tape. No compression in the motor and it's missing (which is on it's way) it's center stand. The current kick stand is broken and the bike is barely staying upright. Should be a fun project. I'm thinking different paint (gray on black maybe) some kind of colorful seat, new fender in the front, possibly sliced fender in the back, orig carb, orig speedo, if I can rebuild it. and loads of sand blasting and powder coating.

Otherwise how will
anything get done?
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Blow up the tyres, (tires), shoot Redex into the cylinder and rocker box to unstick whatever's causing the lack of compression, charge the battery and the job's a good un ;)

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Mick D wrote:Hi

Blow up the tyres, (tires), shoot Redex into the cylinder and rocker box to unstick whatever's causing the lack of compression, charge the battery and the job's a good un ;)

Regards Mick

Well that's what Roy would do anyway, then he'd ride it to all the rallies for the year and get away with it!!!!! :twisted:
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Yep love it and want it.
Roy
Tommy RE

Post by Tommy RE »

A young chap who lives near me in his mid twenties uses one of these as his commuter hack rain hail snow or sun. it has never let him down and was in someones shed for 15 years. did the Redex treatment fitted LED riding lights, a decently loud airhorn and a reverse cone megaphone exhaust to make idiots aware that he is coming. It has never let him down in the two he has been using it. He loves it :D
cfaber

Post by cfaber »

IMG_20180507_173244~2.jpg
Any ideas exact model? Here's the stamp on the crank case
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Otherwise how will
anything get done?