Well done all those involved.
Steve Harding

Re: Stafford show

Post by Steve Harding »

Nice to meet those on the stand today!
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Only just home. A long weekend but well worth This is the very first time I can ever remember us winning an award. Well done to all of the crew that made it happen. :beer:
Roy
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

The stand was great.

I hadn't realised the scale of the show and should've got there earlier on Sunday.

Sprid - I only dropped a motorcycle once (1966 14CSR) with Linda on and there's no accounting for a really wet slick of of diesel all across a "cloverleaf" bend off a dual carriageway.

I was unmarked as was the AJS but Linda suffered damage partly because she hadn't worn the kit that she had, I had asked her to wear but she didn't.

Subsequently we did many 1,000's of miles on a TR6P which unfortunately was her favourite machine. Give a dog a bad name...............

I did qualify as an instructor many years ago and passed the pursuit test without dropping a point.

But that was a looooonnnnggggg time ago.

Johnny B

Johnny
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote: Sprid - I only dropped a motorcycle once (1966 14CSR) with Linda on and there's no accounting for a really wet slick of of diesel all across a "cloverleaf" bend off a dual carriageway.
Au contraire, John, actually (does that sound like Dianne Abbott?), I had in mind your various mechanical roadside interruptions............ and that most women of my acquaintance would need a trailer just for their shoes. :evil:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Janet

Post by Janet »

SPRIDDLER wrote: I had in mind your various mechanical roadside interruptions............ and that most women of my acquaintance would need a trailer just for their walking boots. :evil:
Corrected for you. :D
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Especially on the Westward Ho! Janet🤣🤓😎
Janet

Post by Janet »

MikeM. wrote:Especially on the Westward Ho! Janet🤣🤓😎
Yes, be prepared.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

AAhhh, you'll be pleased to hear then that while out on a trip to Whitby last Wednesday the Matchless was climbing a 1 in 5 in third gear.

Knowing your continantla experience (no, not that kind of experience) and back on "show" type of topic, I listened for a long time to a really interesting chap with a lovely well used Indian on display who referred to a "Wheels and Waves" rally at Biarritz. Has anyone heard of it, been or can think of anywhere else I can go in mainland Europe seeing that I'll not be at Santarem?

Always assuming that I can sweet talk Linda.

Johnny B
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote:chap with a lovely well used Indian on display who referred to a "Wheels and Waves" rally at Biarritz. Has anyone heard of it,
https://www.readmeta.com/bulletin/2018/ ... waves-2018
Always assuming that I can sweet talk Linda.
Just tell her you'll send her shoes on ahead.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'