How about Vietnam for a holiday?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

How about Vietnam for a holiday?

Post by alanjennings »

Just arrived in Ho chi Minh city, tired after a 14 hour trip! Off boating tomorrow, hundreds of small bikes buzzing around! :D
Alan [Morini] Jennings
vincentvv

Re: How about Vietnam for a holiday?

Post by vincentvv »

Buy a scooter up north, drive all the way down, sell it there and fly back. That is on my bucketlist for a long time! All the best and don't trust every 'lady' in Vietnam...
Not fired is always a misser!
bjork

Post by bjork »

Hi Alan, have a great time-I know you will though! I am going to try to catch up with you in the globetrotting stakes, as I no longer have a proper job! I start next month with a visit to North East India as a gentle intro to your lifestyle. ;)
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Hi Steve! Good to retire!! Now cruising on the Mekong River, had a fabulous lunch, French style, now ready for a snooze!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Enjoyed the boat cruise ,now flown north to Da Mang and staying at Hoi Ann a more historic city. Judy is having a new skirt made to measure! Seen 2 Harley's and 2 new triumphs. To get a bike licence up to 175 cc is easy, but a full one is expensive and difficult to obtain- a bit like home! Also import duties are horrendous!! I see you have snow and biting cold weather, it is a nice 28 c. Here. :beer: :beer: the local Saigon beer is palatable! I
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

alanjennings wrote:Enjoyed the boat cruise ,now flown north to Da Mang and staying at Hoi Ann a more historic city. Judy is having a new skirt made to measure! Seen 2 Harley's and 2 new triumphs. To get a bike licence up to 175 cc is easy, but a full one is expensive and difficult to obtain- a bit like home! Also import duties are horrendous!! I see you have snow and biting cold weather, it is a nice 28 c. Here. :beer: :beer: the local Saigon beer is palatable! I
Thanks makes us feel very warm :beer:
Chemists do it with test tubes
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Retired 10 years ago, worked three days last week. About 2.5 this.

Damn!

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Saw new Chinese benelli 500 today but we were travelling by air conditioned Toyota fortunately as it hit 33 c. after lunch! Hope my house is o.k!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Moved up to Hue, about halfway up Vietnam.Now 35 c. and very humid! It was the old capital years ago and much of the old citadel and pagodas were flattened by b52 bombers, the craters can still be seen and land mines still maim farmers! Our present guide is a crazy cyclist who is 47 and as tough as old boots and constantly quotes old English sayings like " shake a leg"! Hotel service is excellent and so far everything works! My son says my house is still intact and the snow is melting , good!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
bjork

Post by bjork »

alanjennings wrote:Moved up to Hue, about halfway up Vietnam.Now 35 c. and very humid! It was the old capital years ago and much of the old citadel and pagodas were flattened by b52 bombers, the craters can still be seen and land mines still maim farmers! Our present guide is a crazy cyclist who is 47 and as tough as old boots and constantly quotes old English sayings like " shake a leg"! Hotel service is excellent and so far everything works! My son says my house is still intact and the snow is melting , good!
I managed a ride out in the warm today-as you were not at home I even rode through Daventry! ;) More snow still lying around in drifts down your way!
Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today