Senior Moment

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MalcW

Senior Moment

Post by MalcW »

Here's a word of advice. If you put the outer cover of your AMC gearbox back on in a rush with the selector pawl facing the wrong way it probably won't work.
Anyone else done anything as daft or is it just me?

Malc
Rob Harknett

Re: Senior Moment

Post by Rob Harknett »

Don't worry. Time will soon come when you forget what you were trying to remember. Then you will have nothing to worry about. What was the topic?
Expat

Post by Expat »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Senior moments develop into CRAFT moments.
Can't Remember A Flipping Thing.... :shock:
kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I've had my senior moments too........

I took a new headlamp bulb out of the shed cupboard and was about to fit it when I decided to nip indoors and make another brew first. Went back down the shed and couldn't find the bulb so took another from the cupboard and fitted that.
An hour or two later I went indoors to make another brew, opened the fridge and the bulb was sitting there next to the yogurts.

-------------------

Having cleared out the cupboard under the blocked sink I placed a bowl under the U-bend and removed it.
I then took the bowl, complete with the greasy black sludge and emptied it into the sink........ :roll:

-----------------------

Which has just reminded me of coming home very late from a 'lock-in' with a couple of chums and a bottle of Glenfiddich at my local one black night when I took my Labrador's lead from the hook in the porch, and as usual opened the back door and with a "Come on then!" took him for his night walk down the garden, through the gate and out around the fields for 20 mins or so.
Upon returning I hung up the lead and opened the back door to be greeted by a black Labrador sitting on the mat with a very confused look on his face.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

Keeping bulbs in the fridge might make them last a bit longer, it works with milk after all.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

I took a new headlamp bulb out of the shed cupboard and was about to fit it when I decided to nip indoors and make another brew first. Went back down the shed and couldn't find the bulb so took another from the cupboard and fitted that.
An hour or two later I went indoors to make another brew, opened the fridge and the bulb was sitting there next to the yogurts.

Did you have a light lunch or the yogurt? I think bulbs do keep well in a fridge, I have never had to replace one.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Neville, I don't think you should be allowed out on your own!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

alanjennings wrote:Neville, I don't think you should be allowed out on your own!!
I've got that from my mum, Alan. She parked me, fast asleep in my pram outside the Co-op in Brighton, did some shopping then caught the 'bus home. Luckily I was still there 20 mins later when she remembered and came back for me. :roll:

In the 50's we used to visit my sister in Brackley regularly by coach from Brighton. When he got our first car (1936 Morris 8) my Dad always drove up there via Victoria coach station in London as it was the only route he knew. It seems bizarre now but in those days you could write to the AA/RAC and they'd send you a route.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Expat

Post by Expat »

Aaaaahhhh.......the good old days. :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)