ads350 trials

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
spooch-1

ads350 trials

Post by spooch-1 »

Hi all
I'm new to the site, I'm thinking of buying a ajs 350 trials, it has a v5 and v5c, my concerns are a strange frame number TSR001 which is in the v5c a engine number of 2341 which is in the v5c but not on the bike, the engine number on the bike is 55 G3L 1753 C, does this make any sense is it a genuine bike or a clone. sorry no pic's having problems.
Thanks Pete
clive

Re: ads350 trials

Post by clive »

Frame number is not AMC one. Engine number on V5C does not look correct either. The number on the engine might be ok. If you are going to buy it assume it's a bitza and pay accordingly.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

clive wrote:Frame number is not AMC one. Engine number on V5C does not look correct either. The number on the engine might be ok. If you are going to buy it assume it's a bitza and pay accordingly.
Or just don't buy is my advice as it will be a headache to get the numbers corrected with the DVLA and may well end up with a Q plate . Some photos of the numbers would be a help.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Perhaps the bike is a special, eng. number appears to be comp. Perhaps it already has a Q plate? Frame given the number TSR001 frame builders initials. 001 seems very unlikely to be a number of a frame of another bike. No sight of the bike so a lot of if's & maybe's. If it has got a Q plate time is running out fast to change that.
spooch-1

Post by spooch-1 »

Thanks for the replys
Very difficult to get a pic of frame number its behind the number board, it's not a Q plate,Ive managed to get one picture on the new pictures section,I will try to put a few more there, putting them on the forum still eludes me.
spooch-1

Post by spooch-1 »

apparently I've somehow managed to get more pic's into the database, how you get them out is beyond me, but i've put another in new pictures.
Thanks
clive

Post by clive »

Well it's a very nice bike in the photo but I think it has a special frame made for off road use. If there are no DVLA documents with it then it is unlikely to be registerable as a historic vehicle. They work on the principle of dating the vehicle by the youngest major component ( eg frame, engine, gearbox forks etc). On this basis tje 1950's engine will be superseded by what is probably a modern trials frame. Fine if you want to use it in competition perhaps but it will be difficult to road register.
clive
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

clive wrote:... If there are no DVLA documents with it then it is unlikely to be registerable as a historic vehicle.
spooch-1 wrote:Hi all
I'm new to the site, I'm thinking of buying a ajs 350 trials, it has a v5 and v5c,
I wonder what marque and category is currently shown on the V5c (e.g. Motorcycle.....Historic vehicle....?)

:? :?
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I'd have to agree with the others, it's a lovely looker and perfectly suitable for off roading but it's unlikely to be easy to get it road registered.
clive

Post by clive »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
clive wrote:... If there are no DVLA documents with it then it is unlikely to be registerable as a historic vehicle.
spooch-1 wrote:Hi all
I'm new to the site, I'm thinking of buying a ajs 350 trials, it has a v5 and v5c,
I wonder what marque and category is currently shown on the V5c (e.g. Motorcycle.....Historic vehicle....?)

:? :?
I cannot be expected to remember to the beginning of the thread, that was more than 12 hours ago............. :headbang:
clive