Bitsa thoughts

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
zwarts

Re: Bitsa thoughts

Post by zwarts »

Just for information, and regardless of possible problems with dvla and registration, I can confirm that the 650 twin engine will fit into a early 50's frame, sprung or rigid. Indeed I have such a rigid framed beast in my garage - I built it some 34 years ago and it has been in constant use ever since. Fortunately, as it forms the basis of my Vintage racing sidecar outfit, no dvla involvement is required!
Anything is possible if you are determined enough and do your research.
StephenG80

Post by StephenG80 »

zwarts wrote:Just for information, and regardless of possible problems with dvla and registration, I can confirm that the 650 twin engine will fit into a early 50's frame, sprung or rigid. Indeed I have such a rigid framed beast in my garage - I built it some 34 years ago and it has been in constant use ever since. Fortunately, as it forms the basis of my Vintage racing sidecar outfit, no dvla involvement is required!
Anything is possible if you are determined enough and do your research.
Is that a G80 frame Zwarts? - be interested to see some photos of the 650 beast!
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

The front portion of the frame is 1950 G9/M20 but there are no dimensional differences between the twin and single frames anyway. Also, at this point in their development, the twin frames did not have an integral head steady lug on the front down tube - they used a split clamp arrangement which I have replicated. The rigid rear portion of the frame is post '48 350/500 single cylinder and bolts straight onto the front part. Engine plates are stainless steel copies of 49 - 55 G9 plates. Gearbox was Burman B52 for quite a while (with AMC clutch) but is now an AMC box. I have many photos but no idea how to post them on here. If you send a pm with your email address I will email copies. Alternatively, if someone can explain in simple terms how to post photos on here, I will give it another try!
Cheers, Bob.
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Bob, To post pics on here click on 'Upload attachment' and then on 'Choose file', then just click on wherever your pics are stored to add the pic of your choice.

When I'm feeling lazy I save the pic I want to post on my desktop so it is easy to find, and just delete it after I've posted it.

Peter
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

zwarts wrote:... if someone can explain in simple terms how to post photos on here, I will give it another try!
See the article at :

http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12424
Corners like a Lego man
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

[img[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

0255 resized.jpg
003 resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

Hope this has worked out ok. My head hurts and I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

zwarts wrote:Hope this has worked out ok. My head hurts and I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now.
You go and lie down I am off to the shed to build one love it. Would make a nice front cover for the Jampot ;)
Roy
StephenG80

Post by StephenG80 »

zwarts wrote:Hope this has worked out ok. My head hurts and I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now.
many thank for posting those piccies Zwarts - got me thinking and planning! - it could be a busy summer :-)