President's Progress 2018

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

President's Progress 2018

Post by Janet »

Now that I've got Christmas and the New Year out of the way, it's the time of year when I start to think for what events may have my bike working. Those near the end of the year are always unlikely so I won't even consider anything after August. Looking at my list, it seems the usual number one is the Westward Ho Run. By this time I've forgotten how bad it was in the previous years ( I really ought to write down "do not enter again" but I never do.

So yes, I've but my name up for this again but this year I'm aiming to do it the easy way. No, contrary to some rumours, I won't be trailering my bike round, although history precludes me from predicting how I'll be getting it, and me, home. I know you're now desperate to know what new technique I'm planning. Well, dear reader, it involves lights. Not just any lights but lights that actually shine in the dark. I have 11 weeks to get it ready. What could possibly go wrong? :rofl:

I see this year the ride will be starting from the meeting place of the Newbury section so I'm expecting a good send-off and, hopefully some new enthusiastic riders. Of course, I will be asking all those who have ridden this before if they're going this year because it was a bit lonely last year. Even Rob Swift in the recovery vehicle managed to avoid me and arrived at the finish before I did. Acksherly, everyone arrived before me. I wonder why. :oops:

Event number two is always dependent on what happens during event number one so you'll have to wait for that.
Rob Harknett

Re: President's Progress 2018

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well done Janet. I am some way from your routes & run routes. But willing to help in emergencies if I can. I have 58 G2 + 63 14 csr and 66 G2 csr doing nothing in my shed that could help loan parts at short notice if required.
SPRIDDLER

Re: President's Progress 2018

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Janet wrote: Event number two is always dependent on what happens during event number one so you'll have to wait for that.
That's very sensible, Janet, to approach the year one recovery truck at a time.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'