South Kent section

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Flash

South Kent section

Post by Flash »

Due to the lack of interest, I will no longer attempt to run the South Kent Section, consequently, there will be no meet tonight. All monies raised will go to a charity. Many thanks to the few members that did attend.
A very happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all the AJS & Matchless owners club members & wives, I hope to see some of you during the coming year at the various rallies.

Kind regards John Michael
vincentvv

Re: South Kent section

Post by vincentvv »

:(
Not fired is always a misser!
Brad

Post by Brad »

Flash wrote:Due to the lack of interest, I will no longer attempt to run the South Kent Section, consequently, there will be no meet tonight. All monies raised will go to a charity. Many thanks to the few members that did attend.
A very happy Christmas and prosperous new year to all the AJS & Matchless owners club members & wives, I hope to see some of you during the coming year at the various rallies.

Kind regards John Michael
Hi John.
Thanks for your efforts.
Maybe we could arrange to meet up at The Chequers (or elsewhere) for an informal drink etc sometime next year.
Happy Christmas.
Regards
Grahame
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. ;)
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Hi John

It is a great shame that we could not generate the interest to make the section viable but at least we tried.
We have each others contact details so let's do as Grahame suggests and meet up at The Chequers next year some time. I was just getting used to the ride there :D

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Perhaps you could do what the West London Section does. A small pool of members meet weekly in a pub, although not necessarily all of them at the same time. They don't have a structure and don't have any section subs. I think it's rather like a boys' night out where they talk about anything bike related and decide where and when they're going for a ride. If no-one else turns up, the regulars can still have a good time.

Well done for the effort.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

well, i was going yesterday, but thanks for letting us know on the forum beforehand.
I think when it gets warmer, out hearts might feel better.
As Janet says, we can meke it even less formal than it has been.
Alan
raffles

Post by raffles »

Janets suggestion works the Heart of England section has no officers no subs yet still manages to put on Quiz nights Runs Rallies section nights dinners
in fact all the things other sections do. All you really need is the will of the members.
Tony
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

Our problem at the South Kent section was that we could not get more than four club members to attend over the past year. We never got as far as a committee or subs although we did raise some cash to get the section going.
It is a great pity as I like to attend club nights on one of my bikes but I refuse to use the M20 and it is difficult to get to the Kent section any other way.

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Do you want this removed form the Jampot magazine or is someone else going to put their details up in place of Johns. ;)
Roy
Janet

Post by Janet »

If 2/3/4 mates can meet up for chats and rides out, there's no reason why the same number can't form a thriving group. Then, others may see you having fun and want to be part of it. As far as I know, the West London lot usually have 6 or fewer attendees but they've been going for years.