2017 Rallies

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

2017 Rallies

Post by Rob Harknett »

What a sad way things are going within our club membership. Apart from very few people being willing to help organise the club and keep it running. Very few make any contribution towards even sharing pictures of club events. Like the three main 2017 rallies. So far there's just 6 pictures of the International rally. None of the Jampot Rally and none of the Alternative rally.
vincentvv

Re: 2017 Rallies

Post by vincentvv »

Pictures of the Balen rally can be found on the dutch section website: https://www.ajs-matchless.nl/fotos/2017 ... dinbelgie/
Not fired is always a misser!
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Thanks Vincent for the photos! Lots of snow here and minus4!! Just " fettling" in my garage.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Just posted some pics from Stow rally, I can't imagine they are very interesting, but better than nothing I suppose.

It's quite a faff posting several pictures on the site Rob, unless I am doing something wrong, I'm sure more people would post if it were easier. That is not intended as a moan about the site, just an observation from someone with VERY limited spare time.

Peter
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well done Peter. Quite often ones pictures are personal, if that is the word to use. Being of yourself, your bike, your camping pitch etc. They do however help paint the bigger picture of the event. That being, the coming together of members, meeting old friends making new, the bikes and riding them. Everyone having a good time. Some people have never been to a rally, if they see the enjoyment of what they are all about, it may encourage more people to go. During the first two years of my membership, I never went to a rally. I heard a lot about them from other section members. That was about 30 years ago. I was always booked up entertaining week ends. In 1987 after ending a night entertaining on a Saturday. I said to Jan lets go to the Jampot rally. We drove through the night getting Cleebury Mortimer just before day break Sunday morning. As it got day light I was met with a sight never seen before. 2017 was my 30th Jampot. Having missed only the recent Jampot rally at Stirling.
It can take time to upload pictures. They also need to be approved, to prevent spam. Well worth the effort. Thank you.