cadwell

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
matchbart

cadwell

Post by matchbart »

No not the motor racing circuit, the `Modern` alternative, i was amused to read in the Jampot this evening that some members of this illustrious club object to them, i quote :

Sadly, it seems that some members find this a bitter pill and on a
visit to Kettering a few weeks ago I heard of a member who refused
to renew his membership because of the club promoting (via an
advert in the magazine) the “Cadwell”

what can you say .. presumably the same gent drives a motorhome to Rallys * with his `real` motorcycle safely strapped on the back (or even inside)

*my pet hate

as is mentioned in the article, many other clubs have overcome this issue with no problem, surely this is an opportunity for younger people to enter AMC ownership as well as elderly and slightly infirm people to carry on riding a machine with a historic name..
Janet

Re: cadwell

Post by Janet »

The club accepted the modern AJS into the club about 8 years ago. To date, we don't have a huge number of members owning them but it is increasing, although most seem to be waiting for the slightly bigger bikes to hit the showroom.

Janet, who trailers her 'real' motorcycle to rallies.
raffles

Post by raffles »

Well said Janet after all some of our members have no objections to the made in China British Triumph
Tony
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

What plans if any for the larger cc bikes? Might be interested in a light 400 as my G3LS seems to be putting on a little weight like it's keeper. :rofl:
Chemists do it with test tubes
raffles

Post by raffles »

Word is its possible but not for about four years
Tony
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

Merlin wrote:What plans if any for the larger cc bikes? Might be interested in a light 400 as my G3LS seems to be putting on a little weight like it's keeper. :rofl:

How about a MASH then, get one now,
lin

Post by lin »

Iv been a member of this club for a few years, without a British bike. Brought my Cadwell from eBay. Starts easy runs well and looks good
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

lin wrote:Iv been a member of this club for a few years, without a British bike. Brought my Cadwell from eBay. Starts easy runs well and looks good
And nothing at all wrong with that, I like them, just out of interest which side of 40 years old are you ? and do you have any interest in older AMC machines ?
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

matchbart wrote:
lin wrote:Iv been a member of this club for a few years, without a British bike. Brought my Cadwell from eBay. Starts easy runs well and looks good
And nothing at all wrong with that, I like them, just out of interest which side of 40 years old are you ? and do you have any interest in older AMC machines ?
Don't tell them Lin keep it a Essex secret ;)
Roy
REW

Post by REW »

"Essex secret" - oxymoron surely Roy? :P
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.