affiliation

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: affiliation

Post by ajscomboman »

Janet wrote: I don't know who wrote the piece Roy posted and I can't comment on it except to say that it doesn't correspond with my understanding of the purpose of the meeting. It also doesn't mention the approximately 20 other clubs who attended. Certainly their idea of 'confidential' and then having it publicly posted on the internet wouldn't fit with my definition. I'm aware that no-one will believe me, but no changes have been made, no decisions for any changes have been made, and no proposal for any changes have been made

Janet the piece came straight from the minutes of a VMCC meeting so was clearly written by them.

What you have written is the whole point. What we're being told by our chairman (almost nothing) clearly does not correlate to what's been written by the VMCC. I'm well aware that no official action was or has been taken, nor am I against meetings taking place between clubs subject to the matter. However once they have taken place it should surely be stated clearly and precisely in the Jampot what the purpose was and the outcome from our point as a club.

No ill feeling from this end merely a concern about the club losing it's independence and identity, as for the new kid on the block, hardly, he's been on the national committee for years!
Janet

Post by Janet »

By new kid on the block I was thinking club president/prime minister.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

You see the problem with the written word then.

No ill feeling towards you either.

Maybe we just have to accept that the club may need to scale down and reduce it's requirement for volunteers. It's unlikely we'll ever get younger members to join the committee due to work limitations, however I'm glad and encouraged to see that they are actively involved with other things which involve bikes of the marque. Sadly I'll not be able to join Vincent and friends as I'm off to get lost in Germany with Duncan, Goldstar and Mr B the following weekend. I do hope it goes well and if they put another event on next year I'll move heaven and earth to get there.
Janet

Post by Janet »

ajscomboman wrote: I'm glad and encouraged to see that they are actively involved with other things which involve bikes of the marque. Sadly I'll not be able to join Vincent and friends as I'm off to get lost in Germany with Duncan, Goldstar and Mr B the following weekend. I do hope it goes well and if they put another event on next year I'll move heaven and earth to get there.
That's the reason I want to go and support them. Now they're nibbling at the bait we need to reel them in gently so they don't slip off the hook.

Oh, and Glyn's been complaining that he hasn't had a holiday for ages.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

What is being reported via the VMCC is not a true reflection.
The meeting was convened as stated by me previously to discuss common problems facing clubs and explore ways of cooperating to reduce costs by joint buying of services. The meeting was attended by approx. 20 club chairmen.
The VMCC turned it around to purpose an “umbrella” organisation which was universally dismissed.
Whatever VMCC internal issues and a*** covering activities are being reported elsewhere there was no development or proposals to feed back or refer to the members.
We did look (as an example) at magazine production costs and found that as we were just about the cheapest there was nothing further to pursue.
Last edited by Stuoyb on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

Hello Rob, no won't make the lost in Germany this year, done the Ballard, Kurland and Irish so gonna have a rest for a while, will be doing the lost in the lakes with Dave Bradley next June, I would like to do a few more meets in the U.K next year also, have a good time in Germany and don't try to keep up with the Fox's.

In relation to this posting originated by me, it was not meant to cause aggrevation or dissent, we all have our own views on the old, or maybe not so old, motorcyling hobby/pastime and we will all of course have differing views, mine is simply that if it has a wheel at each end and goes round corners, well nearly, then
it is O.K by me, if cooperation in things assist in forwarding this club without it losing it's autonomy then good oh, however certain things need to be in the open thats all.
on a jocular note, as jones'y would say, you may have noticed I do not mention those two wheelers that have a bit on the side 'YUK' :rofl: kind regards
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I keep looking at this posting thinking something is missing and I have now realise 'tis the inclusion in VMCC minutes July,I will attempt to quote verbatim from them=

AJS/Matchless update.
"Negotiations on this have ultmately failed as the AJS/Matchless club have been able to significantly renegotiate there own costs to such a level that we would be unable to add any significant value,they will be sent our congratulations on their recent good works and our best wishes going forward."

so really instead of beating the committee up we should perhaps be congratulating them,

don't hide you light under a bushell committee
but communication is the key

kind regards
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

VMCC quoted a target price for magazines based on the quantity they were printing.
Our current price is only a few pence away from this target. Credit for our low price goes to Roy who renegotiated the costs when the editorial team took over from the former editors and significantly reduced production costs a few years ago.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Wonder when the penny will drop as to communication of what's going on etc is to be received, acted upon and reported upon, now we have no Secretary. The whole communication system inc. rules are on lock down. What is left of the committee have got to first work out at our next meeting, how to continue operating.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Whow. Just read this thread. It's a tribute to how people can misunderstand each other when not face to face.

But marvellously it resolves in a friendly manner.

Great Club, this.

Johnny B