Searching for Colin

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Greybeard

Searching for Colin

Post by Greybeard »

Hello, folks.
Ive been a member of the AMOC for several years and also of this forum, but this is my first manifestation, so to speak To add to my 'fleet', which includes a 1961 G80, which I restored some 25 years ago, and my late dad's 1953 G9 that he restored around the same time,, I have recently bought a very tidy 1961 AJS M31, NCW861, which originated in the Blackbun area.
I would like to find out a bit more about the bike's past and have been in touch with a previous owner from Kirkby Lonsdale, who had the bike from 2006 until recently. He tells me that the bike has been fantastically reliable and trouble free since he bought it, and has covered much of Western Scotland and The Isles on it. He bought it as a restored machine from a chap called Colin Brundall or Blundell who owned a garden centre somewhere in the Carnforth area. Apparently Colin was an experienced restorer and owned several other machines.
Does anyone here know of Colin or his whereabouts?

Thanks. Steve
Group Leader

Re: Searching for Colin

Post by Group Leader »

I don't know him but Mr Google produced these two links which might lead somewhere particularly if you are a member of the VMCC (I must join that sometime)

http://www.cwherald.com/a/archive/vinta ... 74718.html
http://www.vmccnorthwest.co.uk/gno.html

Alan
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
zwarts

Post by zwarts »

Yes, I know Colin Blundell very well. He is long standing member of the VMCC.
I will send you a p.m. with his phone no.
Cheers, Bob
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks for your help chaps, and the quick responses. I'll be ringing him tomorrow.

Steve
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I also know Colin who lives at Banks near Southport. In fact I've just been on the phone to him to ask him if it would be OK to give you his number. He said he didn't mind you ringing him. I remember the bike as being very nice and he used it a lot before selling it to the guy in Kirkby Lonsdale.
Dave.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Thanks, Dave. Very much appreciated.
The bike has obviously been well cared for since he sold it, the chap from KL having travelled good distances on it. Its going to be an easy job gettng her back to immaculate condition. Ive spent today polishing up the rocker box covers and checking over the electrics as it has what I think is a Pazon electronic ignition system. A set of stainless spokes, which arrived today from the Devon Rim Company will really brighten up the wheels which are original Dunlop rims with excellent chrome.
Im looking forward to clocking up some mileage on it.

Steve