Alternative Rally 2017

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
blackadder1952

Re: Alternative Rally 2017

Post by blackadder1952 »

G15 Roy wrote:Very good run today and well organised, the turnout seems to be 70 plus with many Old faces and some new, also some well known Atternative rally faces missing, you have missed a good rally. Just off back to the tent to get changed for dinner and drinks.
Thanks Roy, as run leader I didn't know what was going on behind me and glad that we all got back safely. Just sorry I didn't win the raffle....

John
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Got home without a hitch, lovely grub and talked a lot of nonsense in the bar! Thanks to the Suffolk folk! Off to hopefully sunny Belgium on Friday - see you Janet :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
blackadder1952

Post by blackadder1952 »

Janet wrote:I'm not there because
(1) I'm trying to write a piece for the Jampot about next year's IJR.
(2) I'm trying to sort out what I want to say at the next Committee meeting.
(3) I'm trying to sort out what Glyn and I will be doing for a week's holiday this month.
(4) I'm trying to make sure my bike is working properly :headbang: to go to Belgium on Thursday's ferry.

Anyway, I've only ever managed to get to the last two Alternatives because my qualifying bike is normally broken. No change there, then. :rofl:
And we had Yorkshire Tea in the reception Tent :lol:

John
Janet

Post by Janet »

blackadder1952 wrote:
Janet wrote:I'm not there because
(1) I'm trying to write a piece for the Jampot about next year's IJR.
(2) I'm trying to sort out what I want to say at the next Committee meeting.
(3) I'm trying to sort out what Glyn and I will be doing for a week's holiday this month.
(4) I'm trying to make sure my bike is working properly :headbang: to go to Belgium on Thursday's ferry.

Anyway, I've only ever managed to get to the last two Alternatives because my qualifying bike is normally broken. No change there, then. :rofl:
And we had Yorkshire Tea in the reception Tent :lol:

John
If only you'd said before..................
billbeavis

Post by billbeavis »

Thanks to East Suffolk section for a great rally. It was a great site with plenty of good food and hot showers as a bonus. The runs were enjoyed in some lovely countryside and it was a good idea for the Saturday lunch stop to have an option A and option B for those who didn't want to see the museum. There was time to chat with friends old and new. It was just the right distance from home to make a good ride there and back. How many of us saw the enthusiastic lady who spotted us stopped at the lights on the Saturday run?
Bill
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

I did, Bill but she did appear to me to be a little " odd?"
Alan [Morini] Jennings
blackadder1952

Post by blackadder1952 »

alanjennings wrote:I did, Bill but she did appear to me to be a little " odd?"
Odd? In Leiston? That's why I the run home was quick. :lol:

John
raffles

Post by raffles »

Good ride down good ride home very good rides at the rally really good food good to meet old friends and new
Thank you suffolk folk for an excellent rally.
Tony
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Echo all the earlier comments. It was a load of fun. Apologies to all that on Friday night I was very distant (or perhaps it was a benefit to those present) the ride down/runnning in of the barrel and piston took longer than planned and I was fatigued and not good company (no change there) so ate food, had a pint and was in bed by about 20:15.

All the Suffolk folk were so welcoming, the site was good, the food top notch, the run out on Saturday excellent and the company even better.

And the ride home was great too - stopped at the Nene Valley Railway en route.

Thanks

Johnny B
clive

Post by clive »

I really enjoyed the rally, excellent rides good venue and my thanks to the organisers. However on the Sunday morning I noticed a little blood on my shoulder when getting up, blast I thought I let a mosquito into the tent, but when I was putting the tent away I noticed a rather bloated leech working its way down the tent. I am already consulting Injury Lawyers.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix