Identification issues-again. Help please.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
PaulW

Re: Identification issues-again. Help please.

Post by PaulW »

I know that I have much to learn. Despite riding continuously since 1976, I haven't owned a working British bike in that time. It is now time to correct that. I lived close to Plumstead and my father worked in the factory until I came along.

I am a member but for some reason I can't log in on the forum under my normal log in details, so registered again. I will do as you say Clive. I can see the latest averts I think.

It is indeed the one on eBay. I agree that it is steep. As it seems that it was first registered July 1960, it is not in the timescale that I am looking for anyway.

I have made contact with two other sellers but neither is going well just now. One over priced again on eBay and the other, communication isn't too good.

I even contacted a fella in Poland selling a 1958 G11 CSR. It looks beautiful. he advert says that he wants £1.5m, so I naturally contacted him to explain his error and ask what price he wants for it. He has just informed me that there in no error in the advert.

Your comments are most welcome and appreciated. I have spent most of my life on an XS650 Yamaha, which I will never sell. I am looking for a Matchless that I will be a forever bike too. Like the idea of a Matchless or AJS 500 single, but I am drawn towards the G9 mostly. I am in no rush, so anyone thinking of selling, then Please let me know. I promise that I will treat it well :-)
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

There is a nice original G9 at Kettering for sale.
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

I had better improve the security at the garage if my 58 G11CS is now worth £1.5million! Paul we don't allow adverts on the main forum pages so when you have sorted out your membership with Eamonn why not put a wanted advert on the website. Its free for members and it will appear in the next available copy of the Jampot mag which gets to many more members. At this time of year there maybe someone selling the sort of bike you are after and the prices are generally much more realistic than Ebay. Having said that I bought my G11CS bike on ebay at what I considered a bargain price, mind you it was it bits and needed half what I paid for it spent again. Mind you I am £1.495million in profit :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix